More threads by cleverlyengaged

Solutions
Reaction score
I have seen many of you utilize the utility bill for suspensions and I have had luck on that as well during the appeal process.

However, recently, I have had clients recording videos that don't get accepted or uploaded. I have tried sending utility bills to avoid the need for another verification video, but Google keeps requesting live videos.

Any luck on using the utility bill to gain access to a GBP that is not under suspension?

Thanks, what about recording your screen if you have the video the client took, but they didn't upload it into the GBP verification interface?

I read somewhere that this was possible from Darren Shaw. I tried recording my screen and it didn't work. Perhaps I wasn't using the correct screen recording software.

Thanks, what about recording your screen if you have the video the client took, but they didn't upload it into the GBP verification interface?

I read somewhere that this was possible from Darren Shaw. I tried recording my screen and it didn't work. Perhaps I wasn't using the correct screen recording software.

I don't think you should do that. If you get caught doing that, you won't verify your profile and you could get a ban on your account. Unless you do it on a separate, secure account ;)

Putting on my tinfoil hat: I imagine that Google captures some location data when you do a video verification, so they know where the video was shot. I believe that would be easy for them to implement and an effective way to filter out "forged" videos.

There are two common categories of video verification failure at the moment: 1.) videos that don't upload and 2.) videos that upload but don't get accepted.

Focusing on 1:
a.) If you use an iPhone, turn on Location Services for your browser (Safari, Chrome) and the Google Maps app. Instructions: Turn Location Services and GPS on or off on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support (CA)
b.) Keep the videos really short, like 90s or less.

I'd love some feedback on whether or not that helps!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU Webinar

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom