More threads by JRS

JRS

Reaction score
Hi there - utm codes associated with my clients GMB listings are not being recorded in analytics. Is my code wrong?

?utm_source=gmb-location

So I have it as www.website.com/?utm_source=gmb-location

When I put the full utm link in the url bar it works fine. but nothing is reflected in Google analytics. Its been listed this way for months.

Thank you

Hey JRS,

Professor M seems to have satisfied your question, I simply wanted to share the following link for bookmarking to help you in the future when building UTMs. It's from Google Dev and really helpful. I usually only fill out the asterisks fields, so Website URL, Campaign Source, Medium, and Name, and it'll spit out the completed URL for your use at the bottom.

Good luck!
Wes

I recommend a slight tweak to @Professor M ’s UTM is to switch Medium to “organic” so the GMB traffic flows into Organic Search default channel in GA. Otherwise flows into Other channel.

?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb_location

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom