More threads by Rasmus Himmelstrup

Reaction score
I see several other threads related to this - but no direct answers to this issue.

We are handling a multilocation brand (+200 locations) where the UTM parameters on the GMB website link keeps getting removed by what we think are suggestions by the community. The website link itself is also being removed causing the website button to be removed from the GMB knowledge panel entirely.
This is a huge issue for the brand (and us) since there is no way to track on GMB performance when the UTM parameters are gone.

All locations are handled directly via GMB and thus there are no API connection to overwrite changes. There are no issues with the UTM parameters.

Is there a way to limit UTM overwrites or simply limit any change to the website field in GMB?

If the website URL’s are completely being removed it sounds similar to this issue, especially since it’s a brand. So far I know of two brands experiencing this issue. It could be some form of technical issue on Google’s part removing the UTM’s too. One brand I worked with Google would default to using the display URL instead of the link provided. When did the issue first start? Are the website URL’s showing at least? Have you attempted to contact support?

Hi Jason - thanks for the feedback.
The website URL and/or the UTMs are not completely removed. For some locations both the website and the UTMs are working fine. However, for other locations the website and/or the UTMs are gone.
We inserted the UTMs in late June and approx. a week after the UTMs started to disappear.
We have not contacted support yet. Can they limit the website field for any changes?

I would think that other brands have experienced something similar.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom