jimmydoubleu

Reaction score
We own a few restaurants that share the same address, but have different names. One particular restaurant, Ivar's Mukilteo Landing, is constantly not being listed under Google KP or Maps. We area a long, established business and within last 6 months, this has been an issue. The other restaurant at same address is receiving calls for Ivar's Mukilteo Landing. Full transparency, during COVID-19, we've had to close temporarily so listed as "Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (Temporarily Closed)." Recently, since open, listed as "Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (Now Open)." Would any of that "name change" affect listing? Before we started adding the caveats (listed as only Ivar's Mukilteo Landing) we would run into the same issues. Any thoughts?

This is the listing through Google MyBusiness, but you can't "search" to get to it, instead Ivar's Fish Bar pops up. Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (NOW OPEN) - Google Search

Thank you for your insight.

Yan Gilbert

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
The fish bar has tons of reviews and so I assume it has been open for much longer than the Landing listing. My guess is that since they both have Ivar's in the name that the algo is just allocating so much weight that it is overshadowing the other.

ianscott

Reaction score
Personally, I'd get rid of the (Now Open) as being part of the business name.

But going further, I don't know if the same applies to you, but I had a business call me (who turned into a client) having a similar problem. Searches on his exact business name would show a competitor as the only GMB listing in the local search results.

We did some research - including basic stuff - there were onsite issues as far as SEO and site speed. Might as well make sure that is done correctly.

His business had also moved recently, so what few citations there were, did not match up to his actual business.

His business did have a decent number of reviews compared to his competition on GMB so that was not an issue. He also was posting on his GMB fairly frequently, so that was not an issue.

A citation cleanup along with new citations and a couple of backlinks did the job, along with onsite SEO optimization.

But, there is still much to do as I am sure his competition will be noticing that he is now #1 for a variety of other related search terms both in local and organic, so there will be continuing efforts to keep everything strong.

jimmydoubleu

Reaction score
Thanks for your insights. Both Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (full service) and Ivar's Fish Bar are established businesses having been in business since the 90s. The full service unit closed for 3-months due to COVID. At various points in time, Google merged the two because they use the same address. Once split back into the two separate businesses they are, is when we started noticing the listing issues. We're going to do our best to populate the GMB profile as much as we can and may enlist MOZ Local so the aggregators have our correct information in all listings. Ultimately, we hope to create a unit or suite number for each unit so address is distinctive. However, none of that helps our listing now, unfortunately, as our fish bar is getting all calls meant for the full service unit (sign).

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F How to verify my google my business? Help & Support for Google Local 2
J Google Business not showing up in search. Business not suspended and is verified Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Ian Hammond "Your business is verified and is currently being connected to Google Search and Maps" (30+ days) Help & Support for Google Local 3
A Help verify business on google Recycle Bin 0
L Verified business listing but no associated Google+ Local Page? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
latin_sydney Verified business listing but no associated Google+ Local Page? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
A Lost more than 20 verified Google business pages for one day ! Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Priya Chandra Email - A new way to verify listings on Google My Business - Confirmed Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M Dashboard shows my business as unverified but verified in google plus? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
M Dashboard shows my business as unverified but verified in google plus? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Linda Buquet New - Google My Business Trusted Verifier Program Google My Business & Google Maps 28
R Verified Google Business Page Disappeared Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Google My Business Bulk Account - how long to verify? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
mda1125 Duplicate and Verified Google+ Business Pages Help & Support for Google Local 9
T Google Maps not showing my verified business with my g+ page. Why? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Dustybones Does Google have more verified business pages than Facebook? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
C Is there a way to verify service area google plus business page yet? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Question on verifying Google Plus business page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Verifying a google+ business page Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Should I verify Places dashboard even though Google+ business page is verified/merged Help & Support for Google Local 7
KungFuBacklinks Google Plus Business Page - Being FORCED to Verify?? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
Linda Buquet Google+ Local MERGE or Wait? + Benefits of Verifying Google+ Business Page Google My Business & Google Maps 13
seoprrocket You can now verify your Google+ page within your Google+ Business Page Dashboard Recycle Bin 0
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
Tim Colling What to do when you've verified your phone number for too many Google accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
nathangdavidson Google couldn't verify your edit Spam on Google 4
S How to get a DNS-verified Search Console domain to connect with Google Analytics? Organic SEO 3
jaywilner How to tell if a Google page is verified/claimed Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet Just Reported: Verify your GMB Page via Google Hangout Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Adzzup Inc Issue With Gaining Access to Verified Google Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Is Google Un-Verifying GMB Listings that are Inactive for 6 Months? Google My Business & Google Maps 22
John Tabita Can't Verify Changes to Google Local Page, Error Message Google My Business & Google Maps 10
T Making edits to a currently verified Google listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Why Can't Google Give SEOs and Agencies Permission to Verify Clients? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Dustybones Google continues to show personal Doctors Google + page and we have verified pages Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Any Way to Move Google Local Listings to a New Account without Re-verifying? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
A SAB franchise issue, Google won't verify Service Area Businesses 5
Akuta SAB franchise issue, Google won't verify Service Area Businesses 5
A Verified in Google Places, automatically upgraded to Google+ Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet 403 Error When Verifying Google+ Page Bug or Bad Messaging? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Cleaner44 Strange errors on Google+ pages verified to merge with Google+ Local... Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Chris Ratchford Google called client to verify office hours? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google+ Local Merge/Verify with G+ Page Problems? New Help Doc Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Merged and Verified Google+ Local Page - Unhooked and Unmerged? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Travis Van Slooten Google Calls Client 6 Times in One Day To Verify Location - What? Local Search 7
Linda Buquet How to Detect VERIFIED STATUS on Google+ Local pages? Google My Business & Google Maps 30
D A client has 3 verified GMB's across 2 states,with service pages for each location. Should service pages have only their respective locations address? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
Hammer Can't enter verification code due to error "To verify your listing, update your business info" All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3