More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Just discovered an early upgrade request form if you are tired of waiting for the new Google Places Dashboard and want it sooner rather than later. Want to request an early upgrade? Follow along.

At top of locations screen in the old dash is a message that says:

Coming soon: An easier to use Google Places for Business
We're making Google Places for Business easier to use. You don't have to do anything to get the new Google Places for Business, it'll be automatically updated when available. Learn more about the changes.

If you click that link you end up here and that's where the upgrade request can be found.

Who can use the new Places dashboard?

The dashboard is currently only available for new users in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, and prior users of Places in the process of being migrated to the new dashboard. We look forward to making the dashboard available to more business owners soon, so sit tight for a smooth upgrade coming soon.

Below is a screenshot of the page in case you can't see that page.

dashboardUpgrade.jpg

If you request early upgrade, please report back to let us know how long it takes.

Hat tip and a link to Brodie Tyler for leading me to this option.
Missing: The NEW Google Places for Business | Small Business Marketing Ideas

dashboardUpgrade.jpg

This is fantastic Linda! I'm going to do this tomorrow for the Place pages we manage. I'll let you know how long it takes

Thank You!

I've used it for my poor client with all the 'issues'. If anyone needs access to it, it's them! Thanks Linda :)

Thanks Linda! I did this for one of my client's over a month ago and the dashboard still hasn't changed. This could be because I don't have access to the client's email though. I wonder if they send you an "opt-in" type of email before you get the upgrade? :confused:

You did Melissa? Hmmm, I have not gotten feedback yet from anyone that's tried it so not sure how long it takes or if there is any type of email opt-in that goes out.

I'd ask client to search for any emails from Google and forward to you just in case.

I requested a call from Google last week to talk about incorrect categories and while I was on the line the guy merged my business page to G+, and now I have the dashboard too. Pretty sweet.

On the downside my business pretty much disappeared off the SERPs, and when you do drill down far enough for it to show it appears at the wrong location.

Fingers crossed it'll all come out in the wash.

Linda, I've submitted this request for several clients weeks ago and not a single one has been upgraded to the new dashboard. Grrrrrrr.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom