More threads by ChristianRdz

ChristianRdz

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a correlation as to what causes a GMB listing to have the products feature. I manage listings with both hidden and shown addresses, SABs, brick and mortar, listings with different primary categories (same and different industries), and all combinations of these. Those that have products enabled seem to be all different types. Has anyone noticed any correlations they can share?

It's something on the backend but Google is aware of the issue and I'm optimistic that it will be fixed soon.

Products is for most business types. There are only a few categories that don't have it. So if you're a service-based business you're fine to use it.

It's something on the backend but Google is aware of the issue and I'm optimistic that it will be fixed soon.
Hi Joy,
I wanted to see if you heard any news or updates regarding the GMB products being shown. We currently manage 70 listings and around half of them have the products section.
Thank you,

I know Google is aware of it and it's in the pipeline but I don't have an ETA on when every listing will have them. We're watching closely so I'll be sure to tweet/share when I see it change.

I thought I would provide everyone with an update. The products section has been added to a few of our listings yet some still do not have it (I am sure it will be added eventually). This is looking promising as it will allow us to add more content to our listing. Note: Periodically check your listings to see if it gets added and review your GMB posts, this will essentially "refresh" your listing and the posts will become "rejected".

Received this email from Google support this week - any insight on this?

google-products-message.png

I thought I would provide everyone with an update. The products section has been added to a few of our listings yet some still do not have it (I am sure it will be added eventually). This is looking promising as it will allow us to add more content to our listing. Note: Periodically check your listings to see if it gets added and review your GMB posts, this will essentially "refresh" your listing and the posts will become "rejected".
I have a client that has never had a products carousel and just recently, one appeared.

Received this email from Google support this week - any insight on this?

google-products-message.png

Yeah, that's not correct at all. Almost all business categories can have the Products feature, there are just some older Google accounts that don't have it enabled yet. There is nothing you can do to "fix" that as Google is slowly rolling them out to all accounts.

Note: Periodically check your listings to see if it gets added and review your GMB posts, this will essentially "refresh" your listing and the posts will become "rejected".

Thank you SO much for sharing this. We had a bunch of "random" failed posts come in all at once as well for several clients and for a couple of them, they also just recently got the products feature enabled so I think there is likely a connection here.

Also, @Jeffrey Taylor can you provide me the Case ID for that correspondence? I want to bring it up to Google so they can help fix support workers giving out wrong advice.

Also, @Jeffrey Taylor can you provide me the Case ID for that correspondence? I want to bring it up to Google so they can help fix support workers giving out wrong advice.

I figured it was erroneous information from a misinformed support member but wanted to make sure.

This is email header the client received from Google: The Query number is below

From: googlemybusiness-support@google.com <googlemybusiness-support@google.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:26 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxautogroup@gmail.com
Subject: Follow up to your Google My Business Query [3-6328000030645]

If you need the clients exact gmail address i can PM it to you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom