More threads by Jordan Kohler

Jordan Kohler

Reaction score
What is GMB's policy for new businesses that are under construction and are not officially open yet? Specifically, I am asking about Apartment Complexes. We have several brand new Apartment Complexes that will finish building over the next couple of months and are we are having issues with their GMB pages not being able to verify.

I know I have seen 90 days before the opening date before but we have been able to do it more in advance in the past. It is a weird situation because these properties all start their marketing and leasing months in advance of being completed. They just don't have a physical onsite office yet and nobody is moving in yet.

It doesn't help that there is no official mailbox to receive the postcard so on some of these we are now blocked from sending postcards. The people who were supposed to receive the postcards never find them. What do we do to get past that block?

Not having the GMB verified is frustrating when all the marketing is still happening. They are getting reviews and everything before it's even finished we just can't verify the listing to get ownership.

Any advice or info someone can give me I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi Jordan, as far as I know the 90 day rule still applies. You can start the process before that but the listing won't go live until the 90 day mark. But it sounds like you're saying the listing is already live but in an unverified state?

I would contact Google my business support and see if they can help you with the verification process.

Thank you Colan.

It's sort of a weird situation and just some bad timing in a way. Running SEO and PPC campaigns without control of the GMB feels very odd but I will contact them and see if I am missing something.

I just wanted to double-check to see what anyone had to say, so thanks for the input! I will contact support.

What is GMB's policy for new businesses that are under construction and are not officially open yet? Specifically, I am asking about Apartment Complexes. We have several brand new Apartment Complexes that will finish building over the next couple of months and are we are having issues with their GMB pages not being able to verify.

I know I have seen 90 days before the opening date before but we have been able to do it more in advance in the past. It is a weird situation because these properties all start their marketing and leasing months in advance of being completed. They just don't have a physical onsite office yet and nobody is moving in yet.

It doesn't help that there is no official mailbox to receive the postcard so on some of these we are now blocked from sending postcards. The people who were supposed to receive the postcards never find them. What do we do to get past that block?

Not having the GMB verified is frustrating when all the marketing is still happening. They are getting reviews and everything before it's even finished we just can't verify the listing to get ownership.

Any advice or info someone can give me I would greatly appreciate it!
In my country, there's no such problem. You can have a GMB for an empty piece of land on which a building is going to be constructed a few years down the road. The logic behind it is simple. People need to visit the site before deciding on the purchase (of real estate).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom