More threads by PaulSteinbrueck

Solutions
Reaction score
When I search Google for "Radio Stations Tampa," this is a carousel feature at the top of the page - 2019-11-07_1538 Clicking on it one of the items in the carousel takes you to another SERP for that specific station.

1) What do you call this feature?

2) If an organization is not listed there that seems to be good fit, is there a way to get in?

Thanks!

Looks to be knowledge graph driven at first glance although this is my first time seeing it. Does your station have a KP pop up when you do a direct search for the brand?

What is a KP?
Knowledge Panel

Like this:

sterlingsky-knowledge-panel.png

Sort of... when I search for the name of the radio station, it gives 2 options in the right sidebar. Take a look - 2019-11-08_1003 But when I search for the station with the city name (since they have a whole network of stations in different cities with the same name), there's nothing in the sidebar - 2019-11-08_1009

What does that mean?

From your very first screenshot, when you click the first listing (WMNF - 88.5) you get a result like you see below. The portion highlighted in red is a knowledge panel about that entity. It looks like they are pulling these known entities into the radio station carousel you are looking to enter.

If you search for your brand in a similar fashion and don't get a similar result then there most likely isn't an entity for your Tampa branch for Google to work with. They've got one for your primary station.

1573227765768.png

If you search for your brand in a similar fashion and don't get a similar result then there most likely isn't an entity for your Tampa branch for Google to work with.

Is there a way to request google add an "entity?"

@PaulSteinbrueck - for results like this, I have found the following to be true:

- You need to have a Wikipedia page on your brand. Here is the page for WMNF, the first result: WMNF - Wikipedia

- Wikipedia data is powered by Wikidata.org. You can crate your own entry there and add as much data points as possible, but writing your own Wikipedia page is tricky.

- If you are ever able to get a Wikipedia page similar to WMNF's above, you should begin to show up in entity based results

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom