More threads by Anders Larsson

Reaction score
I recently released a video where I try out clk.sh.

First, I wanted to see if the service was indexed in Google. I just pick a bunch of link shortening services from a list, one by one, and leverage the reputation of each one. People are looking to know more about them and to see if they are trustworthy.

In some cases, these lists that I use are pretty old, and because of how some of these services work, they will get a bad reputation after a while. Yes, the current video shows you a service that may force you to install programs in order to open up the destination page.

A bad reputation may eventually lead to a deindexed or penalized website. This is why I don't recommend people using services like this. You go against the natural flow.

After that, I checked the reputation on TrustPilot. You can't trust the 5 star reviews on TrustPilot, but the one star ratings definitely have some merit to them in my opinion.

Then I went to BHW and did a quick search. Someone got banned for trying to sneak in a link. Another example of going against the natural flow. Following a natural flow would mean spending effort to create real value, like I try to do in my video.

Then I found another sneaky method to post clk.sh links and similar. To my surprise, I couldn't find anyone getting banned, so I guess the moderator didn't understand the trick. Still, I don't recommend doing it.

Do you know about clk.sh?
Have you ever tried it?
Do they pay out?

Before they pay out, I believe they require a $5 or $10 earn. Because of the rep, I would expect them to not honor a pay out at all, but I don't know really.

I don't think I can post my video here, sorry about that.

I haven't heard of them but I'm not sure it's something that I would likely get much use out of because usually I only use URL shorteners for tracking and the volume isn't high enough to even pay out anything.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom