More threads by thebizguy

thebizguy

Reaction score
I've been looking around for citations to help rank my GMB better and its seeming like a lot of them are spam or low quality... does anyone have a good list? i've got the majority of the good ones i think so anyways... also trying to find quality backlinks related to the appliance repair industry are quite a challenge.... any help is appreciated! Most of my competition is doing black hat shady stuff that im not willing to risk my GMB and website ranking to try.

Solution
Bright Local and Whitespark have the best citation lists.

Bright Local and Whitespark have the best citation lists.

Solution
I think that's the wrong question to ask. Focusing on volume when it comes to citations is a waste of time. Take a look and see what directories rank for keywords that are relevant to the industry you are in. Get yourself listed on those as well as some of the general local directories that tend to rank on the 1st page, and you're done.

We have a lot of different lists across many niches and regions. You can scan a ton here: Local Citation Builder 3.0

With that said, you're right about being wary about where your competition is getting placed. We used to pull citations from many different competitiors until we realized they were getting listed on sites we wouldn't necessarily want to get listed ourselves.

So while there is some value in comparing your competitior's citations, you have to be picky.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom