More threads by 4TL1NEP

4TL1NEP

Reaction score
Hello!

I created a GBP about 6 months ago, as a SAB. I included 20 cities as the service area, all around the general surrounding areas near where I live. This is an insurance business. I have a website connected, phone number, hours, Q&A, photos, services, etc all set. Everything matches my website. All 5 star reviews, 10 of them.

I've noticed the "interactions" are very low after 6 months. We are at 46 customer interactions as of now. Looking into this a little more, I did a few searches using my phone with the search query "insurance agent + city #1" (city #1 being where I live and also being one of the service areas)...and we show up #1 on the top results. Great!

Well, I try this again using "insurance agent + city #2" (City #2 being a city 8 miles away, also in our service area), and I scroll...scroll...scroll...scroll...scroll...absolutely nothing, we dont appear at all. Ouch!!

The other weird thing about this is a competitor (zero reviews, in a city 28 miles away from city #2 appears in these results? Why does a competitor with zero reviews show up in a search almost 30 miles away from them, but we don't show up in a search only 8 miles from us?

Also, we don't show up on any other searches for any of the service areas we've selected. The only one we show up in is the city #1 where I live.

How can I fix this so we do show up for our service area searches?

Thank you in advance, really appreciate any help!

Have you done anything offsite such as create NAP citations, have you added localised pages with schema? Just because another website ranks for something doesn't mean you can do nothing. There are other factors, perhaps they have a link on a 90+ DA aged site (just as example)

Have you done anything offsite such as create NAP citations, have you added localised pages with schema? Just because another website ranks for something doesn't mean you can do nothing. There are other factors, perhaps they have a link on a 90+ DA aged site (just as example)

I had about 10 citations but that was about 4 months ago, they're not there anymore. Other than that, no other offsite as of now.

No idea what you mean by localised pages with schema?

Edit: Ok so I have an idea of what you mean, I think. Are you referring to local pages like "insurance- agent-in-Seattle" as an added page to our website foe each city? If so, no we have not done this yet.

Also, is this what you mean about schema;
"Google recommends using JSON-LD, a JavaScript notation embedded in a <script> tag in the <head> and <body> elements of the location page’s HTML, in most cases."?

If so, again, no. TBH this is the first time I've heard about schema. This seems pretty technical, could someone without much SEO experience do this?

Last edited:
Couldn't edit my previous post:

How would I go about doing what you asked "Local pages with schema" if you don't mind? I found schema.org and searched for "insurance agency" and found the schema for that (about 15 pages worth) but not sure how to implement this. Thank you for your time.

First add schema to your contact us page. Choose local business or organisation depending on type of business. You can use this tool (no affiliation) or if you are using an SEO plugin like Yoast or Rank Math then these products have this ability that you can turn on/off from the dashboard.

For inner pages, the most likely option will be to show overall testimonials schema with you star rating. Be sure to include visible to user testimonials and links to your 3rd party reviews so it passes any future manual review. Alternatively if you have a product you can do similar. The point of these from an SEO perspective is to increase CTR

First add schema to your contact us page. Choose local business or organisation depending on type of business. You can use this tool (no affiliation) or if you are using an SEO plugin like Yoast or Rank Math then these products have this ability that you can turn on/off from the dashboard.

For inner pages, the most likely option will be to show overall testimonials schema with you star rating. Be sure to include visible to user testimonials and links to your 3rd party reviews so it passes any future manual review. Alternatively if you have a product you can do similar. The point of these from an SEO perspective is to increase CTR

We don't even have a contact us page, but clearly we need one. Thanks so much for the help!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU - Sold Out

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom