More threads by Claudia

Claudia

Solutions
Reaction score
I'm looking for some insight on why our competitors are out performing us on Local Map Pack specifically.

The blue line is my client in local search...pretty good.
website ranking.jpg

Below is the same business with the local map packs included.

local map pack.jpg

The only thing that I can think of is that we are using UTM urls and our competitors are not. All the chains use location pages, we all have the same categories and from what I can see we tend to out perform in reviews.

If anyone has any ideas here please share.

Could be site content, links, reviews, editorial mentions, proximity, citations, magic google dust, or 300 hundred other things.

It could also just be that your rank tracker is set to track from a search point that is closer to your competitors, so it looks like they’re winning, but in reality you actually rank better in a wider area than they do.

Even if we knew the businesses and tried to do a side by side comparison of all the speculative ranking factors, we might still not be able to figure out precisely why one business was outranks another. It’s a somewhat futile exercise to try.

I’d suggest continuing to focus on local SEO best practices, creating more/better content on your site, getting more reviews, and building links to your location pages and other pages of your site.

"magic google dust" and whether or not Google is on target for their quarterly earnings report as to how you / we might rank would be my pick ;)

On site is definitely something to get right first up.

UTM's are used by many and good practice as far as I know.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom