Reaction score
I do not understand why, when i try to "manage this page"
Pacific Euro Hotel - Google+ i get routed to my google analytics places dashboard - i am correctly logged in as client. Sometimes, when i am trying to claim/verify listings, i can request a pin right away - in cases like this it seems i just go round in circles... business phone number in case anyone is wonder is 650-363-1642. Thanks....

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yes when you go through what I call the "front door" the consumer-facing door right on the listing, it can get weird.

Always log in from the Place login, which I call the "back door" or business owner door to manage. And to claim go to direct phone lookup which is the link Colan gave you.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I do not understand why, when i try to "manage this page"
Pacific Euro Hotel - Google+ i get routed to my google analytics places dashboard - i am correctly logged in as client. Sometimes, when i am trying to claim/verify listings, i can request a pin right away - in cases like this it seems i just go round in circles... business phone number in case anyone is wonder is 650-363-1642. Thanks....

Wait I'm confused. 1st of all this listing looks like it's already claimed.

2nd of all, you said why can't I claim, I'm logged into clients account? IF you are already logging into clients account, and it's already claimed then why are you claiming again???

Plus once I clicked and looked at that listing - realized I've seen it before. Don't you have another thread about this client and didn't we already go through something similar on this one? Don't have time to try to find it and I look at a ton of problems and help lots of folks, so maybe I'm confused, but seems like we've been down this road before???

Reaction score
Sorry - sounds like i'm using the wrong language- i want to "verify " the listing. Do you recommend we try to verify listings?

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Oh dear hear we go, I deal with this at the G forum too so have to ask... (the terminology and options have gotten SO confusing!)

Are we talking verifying as in the old style verifying/claiming a Place page? (that's what we both 'thought' you were asking about.)

Or are you talking verifying as in merging the existing claimed Place page with a Google+ Business page?

It sounded like you were asking about the 1st one because you mentioned the manage this page option. And that's not how you verify/merge with G+.

Can you explain more what you are trying to do and how and why?

Reaction score
First of all - thank you for your patience - and 2nd i think i just had an epiphany...lol...i was in fact referring to the second "thing" you mentioned...don't want to repeat it in case i say it wrong. I did in fact have a claimed places page and i had created a profile but i had not, if fact, created a Business page yet...so now i have and dah-dah....i can verify the listing!!! Sorry for the confusion - case closed :)

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Whew, good deal! :)

However... are you sure you want to verify/merge? It's still a pretty buggy. Is client pushing for social? Paying you extra to do the extra work?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
W Listing Claiming Issue Google Local 101 6
Toby 39 Celsius Help - GMB suspends listing, claims dup but there are no dups Help & Support for Google Local 6
E BING - Claiming existing listings causes a DUPE? Citations 3
K Claimed a Listing, Went to 404 Then Dropped 5 Dupes in Dash Google My Business & Google Maps 3
J Claiming a Directory Listing For a Client Citations 9
CarrieHill New Feature - Claim This Business (But My Listing Is Already Claimed?) Google My Business & Google Maps 12
C How to Claim a GMB listing with a lost Email Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Video Verification Prompt When Claiming a Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
T Unable to Claim an Unverified Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Scott BLV Google My Business Listing Claiming Link Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter Google claims progress on fake business listings on Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M How to Tell if GMB listing is already "Claimed"? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
L Which is easier to rank? Claim existing listing or create new listing? Ranking Puzzles 2
E Noticing lots of real estate listings worldwide now displayed with "manage this listing" rather then "claim this business" Local Search 0
freerunr Verbiage on Unclaimed GMB pages: "Own this business?" (KP) / "Claim this business" (Maps) vs. "Manage this listing" Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Cordell Crowley Yelp Listings Claimed by "Corporate"? Local Search 3
Cordell Crowley Issue Claiming Already-Claimed Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Oliver Keates Company GMB listing has been claimed by a third party Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Issues claiming/creating listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Chris Ratchford Hibu claimed a new GMB listing w/out client's consent- rejected owner request Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Oliver Keates How can I tell if a GMB listing is claimed Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ayan164 New GMB Procedure - "Claim" Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Travis Van Slooten Unable to Claim or Update iBegin Listings (Unless Using Yext)? Local Search 14
H Is there any way to bulk claim Yellow Pages listings? Local Search 2
Travis Van Slooten How to Make an Address Change to Claimed Google Listing (with no access to it) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
H Citations importance in claiming and losing or GMB listings. Citations 9
Greg Schueler Can't Request Ownership of Claimed SAB Listing? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Ajay Prasad Local listing- Claim two different business under same owner? Local Search 1
Martin Briggs Practitioner listings - to claim or not to claim Google My Business & Google Maps 18
R Claim Existing GMB listing vs Edit in Google Maps/Mapmaker, then claim? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
L Booking dot com claiming a businesses listing on another directory Local Search 4
Gsmithmike How to claim business listing for CitySearch? Local Search 12
Rich Owings Two claimed listings Help & Support for Google Local 6
H Corporate office claimed my listing - does this cause problems? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
cleverlyengaged How to Claim Dunn & Bradstreet & Great List of Other Business Data Aggregators Local Search 11
K YAHOO Listing Claim Issue Local Search 3
K Hijacked Listings, Inability to Claim, and Best Step Forward? Citations 6
John Tabita Can I Use the Same Gmail Account to Claim Multiple Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Lloyd Silver Citations need updating for claimed listings with lost credentials Citations 6
D The URL in a claimed listing or even in Google MapMaker. It works Local Search 9
P Claiming multiple unrelated listings with a single Google account - Downsides? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
B How to Claim a Google+ Places Listing for the New Business Owner? Help & Support for Google Local 7
Dustybones Managing Bulk uploads and issues with dual claimed individually claimed listings Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L How to claim a pre existing listing and edit it Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Chris Ratchford Dual claimed listing in old dashboard- Google says SOL Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Linda Buquet Google Attempting to Rectify Dual Claimed Local Listing Problems w Email Warnings Google My Business & Google Maps 16
R Delete A Duplicate (Claimed) Listing From New Dashboard? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet New Link to Claim or Manage Google+ Local Listing from Search Results Google My Business & Google Maps 2