More threads by webjetterr2

webjetterr2

Reaction score
Just curious ... if your business already has a website, would there be any advantage (SEO or otherwise) to getting the free website that comes along with the Google Business Profile? It's so basic I'm not sure why they're calling it a website. If it is advantageous to get one, where would you advertise that URL -- what would you do with that link? Because you wouldn't want it to be linked to the website button on your Google Business Profile since you want that button linked to your REAL website.

I wouldn't use the GMB website feature if the business already has a website. Its very confusing for the customer, especially if the GMB website starts to outrank the official website, or takes precedence over the official website in the knowledge panel.

The website feature is really just for very small businesses that need some kind of simple and basic website. If you have the means to put up a proper website, then that's infinitely better for SEO. There is no value in creating the GBP website if you already have a proper website.

There are still a ton of businesses that don't have a website. This is an easy way a local business can get something up there that is searchable.

Since it gets indexed there might be some small benefit that it sends to your GBP or another website if you have one. I don't think the GBP website feature has been tested for ranking signals. The GPB website displays your posts when you create them. If you link that post to your website it's a mention.

But also, having a GBP website won't hurt anything, if anything it's a small benefit. If someone lands on it they can still reach your business. I don't see how it would be confusing. It's easy to set up.

Just curious ... if your business already has a website, would there be any advantage (SEO or otherwise) to getting the free website that comes along with the Google Business Profile? It's so basic I'm not sure why they're calling it a website. If it is advantageous to get one, where would you advertise that URL -- what would you do with that link? Because you wouldn't want it to be linked to the website button on your Google Business Profile since you want that button linked to your REAL website.

When you run Google Ads from within your GBP, Google will upgrade your site into a beautiful looking one for free. That new domain name (which starts with business.google.com) is yours for free forever regardless of whether you continue to run Google Ads or not.

I remember that @mblumenthal had an excellent presentation on this very subject. Check out this link and watch the video and/or read the whole case study, I think it will answer most if not all your questions. Even if you don't plan on ever using a Google website, it is very worthwhile information to know: What We Learned From A "Google Only" Marketing Approach - GatherUp

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom