More threads by k.ivanova

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been trying to resolve the below issue by sending feedback from SERP, by contacting GMB support, and by posting in the Help Communities, yet it's still on the table. Hope I'll get some fresh thoughts from the experts here!

The business in question is 100 Queen's Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton. It rebranded from DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London - Kensington on March 31, 2019. A page with the hotel's new brand has been created and optimized, as per Google’s guidelines. The Wikipedia page was updated accordingly as well.

The thing is that the Wiki article is still associated with the closed page which appears in SERP with a KP for certain search terms such as 100queensgate com curio & 100queensgatecurio.

I believe that once the article gets detached from the old brand KP, the algorithm will do its work and at some point associate it with the new brand page, yet the first part - of detaching, appeared to be harder than expected.

Thanks in advance!

screenshot-www.google.com-2021.03.30-08_43_05.png

Solution
@k.ivanova, it's possible that eventually Google will associate the Wikipedia page with the Hilton, once it realizes that and the Doubletree are the same hotel - the same entity. So you may not need to do anything, though this is one of (in my opinion) the rare instances in which Schema work could be worth the effort: sameAs - Schema.org Property

On the other hand, probably the easier way to approach it is from the GMB side. If you can get in touch with Google support and ask them to merge the "permanently closed" Doubletree into the current GMB page (for the Hilton), the Wikipedia page should get transplanted in the process.
@k.ivanova, it's possible that eventually Google will associate the Wikipedia page with the Hilton, once it realizes that and the Doubletree are the same hotel - the same entity. So you may not need to do anything, though this is one of (in my opinion) the rare instances in which Schema work could be worth the effort: sameAs - Schema.org Property

On the other hand, probably the easier way to approach it is from the GMB side. If you can get in touch with Google support and ask them to merge the "permanently closed" Doubletree into the current GMB page (for the Hilton), the Wikipedia page should get transplanted in the process.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom