More threads by James

James

Reaction score
Hi - its been a while.

I wondered if anyone had seen a list of businesses that might trigger a map when searched with a location?

Solicitors london
accountant london

Those would both trigger the maps so my list so far is

solicitors and accountants.

Obviously I can think of loads more but I wondered if anyone had a list of all of these or at least loads of them that they might share?

Thanks

@James, I suspect only a couple of engineers at Google have seen that list, because it would run from Land's End to John o' Groats. The list gets longer and closer to infinite by the year, partly because Google continually gets better at realizing that adding a city/place name to just about any search term means the searcher probably wants to see local results.

As I've written, when Google can show even one local business (with basic content on the service/product on its site), it'll usually show the local map (in the form of a one-box result). The search term needs to be very obscure or ambiguous for Google not to show a map in any form.

This post has developed a fine rind, and it's about "near me" searches, but it does give you a sense of the huge range of search terms Google understands as "local" (even without a place name in the query): https://www.simpartners.com/135-keywords-near-me-searches/

I know the full list is probably impossible to get hold of but what is in the post that you linked to has given me the info I needed to press on with what I was after thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom