More threads by hajnasiewicz

hajnasiewicz

GMB Product Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the best in free Reviews Widgets to test integration on our WP websites. Any tried and true, and free? Thank you.

Do you mean for Google Reviews?

If so, I use Widget for Google Reviews on a few client websites as well as my own:

This plugin displays Google Business Reviews on your website in a sidebar widget. A unique feature of the plugin is that it saves reviews in the WordPress database so once it has fetched any new reviews it does not depend on any services like Google to display them in the widget.

More suggestions here:

Do you mean for Google Reviews?

If so, I use Widget for Google Reviews on a few client websites as well as my own:

More suggestions here:

thank you

Hi Carolyn, I'd suggest the free WP Google Review Slider and they also have different versions for other review sites (Yelp, FB, etc.). We upgraded to their Pro version which handles pretty much all review platforms, I think 80+ sites. One thing to consider depending on the type of client you are servicing, you may need specific functionality to anonymize the reviewer's info. For example, if it is a medical website then you have to consider HIPAA regulations when showing reviews: HIPAA considerations

Hope this is helpful!

Hi Carolyn, I'd suggest the free WP Google Review Slider and they also have different versions for other review sites (Yelp, FB, etc.). We upgraded to their Pro version which handles pretty much all review platforms, I think 80+ sites. One thing to consider depending on the type of client you are servicing, you may need specific functionality to anonymize the reviewer's info. For example, if it is a medical website then you have to consider HIPAA regulations when showing reviews: HIPAA considerations

Hope this is helpful!
I might be in over my head, I need to connect this to the API which I have not used yet so more research. Any advice on the API also appreciated! THank you very much.

I might be in over my head, I need to connect this to the API which I have not used yet so more research. Any advice on the API also appreciated! THank you very much.
Hi Carolyn,

If you are simply wanting to display reviews on your website/webpage from an external review site like Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor, etc., the right plugin will take care of your API concerns.

I'd suggest selecting one of your existing sites (preferably one that you own and not a client's) and install the plugins recommended by me and/or djbaxter and try the functionality out on a test page. If you are going to use on a live site, create a test page and you can password protect it so the general public won't be able to access it: Password Protect single page in WP

Most of the reviews plugins are really straightforward and extremely easy to get working once installed. Just give it a shot :) and if it doesn't work, you can always uninstall the plugin and delete the test page.

If you need support with the plugin, you typically will need to buy an upgraded version regardless of the plugin you select. Fortunately, the one I mentioned is very inexpensive ($29 a year) and they offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

If you have a different requirement for your third-party reviews, just reply back with more details and hopefully someone on the forum can assist.

Good luck!

Hi Carolyn,

If you are simply wanting to display reviews on your website/webpage from an external review site like Google, Facebook, TripAdvisor, etc., the right plugin will take care of your API concerns.

I'd suggest selecting one of your existing sites (preferably one that you own and not a client's) and install the plugins recommended by me and/or djbaxter and try the functionality out on a test page. If you are going to use on a live site, create a test page and you can password protect it so the general public won't be able to access it: Password Protect single page in WP

Most of the reviews plugins are really straightforward and extremely easy to get working once installed. Just give it a shot :) and if it doesn't work, you can always uninstall the plugin and delete the test page.

If you need support with the plugin, you typically will need to buy an upgraded version regardless of the plugin you select. Fortunately, the one I mentioned is very inexpensive ($29 a year) and they offer a 30-day money back guarantee.

If you have a different requirement for your third-party reviews, just reply back with more details and hopefully someone on the forum can assist.

Good luck!
Thank you!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom