Angie Captiva

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced trouble updating Yahoo basic local listings lately? I've also experienced losing listings that were once in my business account and are no longer showing up. Is Yahoo trying to force into paying for their local listing service with Yext? Has another decided to invest in their paid listing service? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi Angie,

I had a tiny issue arrive with a Clients Yahoo listing last August (8/10/13 to be exact). For some reason they changed the address from "W TC Jester" to "E TC Jester". When I googled the new address + the phone number there were 0 results for that combination so I couldn't figure out where they pulled the new information from.

After editing the "E" to "W" in the dashboard I also sent an email to Yahoo Customer Care. I received the usual automated email that acknowledged my request for support. It took almost right at 9 weeks for that listing to become active again and luckily, the moderators accepted my edits (10/13/13). P.S. This edit didn't even require a verification via postcard.

I have not heard of anyone investing in their paid listings and was super disappointed when I noticed the change in service for the basic listings. It's too much like Yext to me and......I don't have nothing nice to say about Yext so I will say nothing at all.

If you are determined and patient enough then I, personally, don't think it is worth investing money into an "enhanced" listing. I let our client know the changes with Yahoo's Local and asked if he would prefer to pay for an enhanced listing in hopes of the edit being accepted within 3-5 business days compared to 8-10 weeks but he was willing to wait as long as his business info was correct everywhere else. Especially considering the answer in regards to cancellation-
[h=3]What happens to my directory listings if I cancel Yahoo Localworks?[/h]Cancellation of Yahoo Localworks will result in the removal of all new directory listings and listings updates created when you purchased Yahoo Localworks. If you previously had a basic listing on any of the target directories, your listing should revert to the original basic listing.
Yuck.:mad:

Dino

Reaction score
Yahoo Local has been a mess for years and it continues to a headache to make simple updates. They finally did something about their review spam, though, which is a step in the right direction, I guess (I no longer see businesses with 5,000+ 5-star reviews with the same review spun 5000 different ways and having 0 reviews in Yelp).

The user experience in Yahoo is horrible as well. It seems little thought was given to help the consumer find what they need. I don't waste much time with Yahoo anymore, especially with their use of extortion-like practices to get simple changes made.

valesence

Reaction score
Yahoo local reviews are very comical. The only bad thing is that google gives good social weight to yahoo and the reviews that show up. Typing competitors name directly in google and their yahoo will be the highest citations because of the fake reveiws

Dino

Reaction score
I'm glad you mentioned that. The credit Google gives Yahoo Local drives me nuts. What a joke.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoyHawkins Can Yext Remove Basic Yahoo Listings? Citations 9
J Verifying Yahoo Basic Listings as an agency Local Search 2
Eoghan_MFeed Do we care about Yahoo Local and MapQuest? Local Search 16
JoshuaMackens Yahoo Local Tool Consultant's Corner 17
Aly Kurtz Removing Duplicates from Yahoo Local Citations 5
liorenda Aggregators and Yahoo Small Business ongoing payment Local Search 2
H Yahoo Local Listings Local Search 12
Creativedge Solo practitioner listings on Yelp/Yahoo/Bing Local Search 14
vivekrpatel Plugin or software for reviews ? Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, etc Local Reviews 3
freerunr Native Reviews on Yahoo Local Local Reviews 3
C Yahoo Local Listing - No Free Submit Option? Local Search 10
ccbackus Yahoo! Local Listings - Aabaco - Yext - Anyone solve the mystery? Local Search 30
tc2 Clean Up Yahoo Local Mess Local Search 23
Tim Colling How to get Yahoo Local dupe supressed? Local Search 16
M Yahoo declaring the end of G+ Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Dustybones Yahoo About to Spin Off Small-Business Services Local Search 5
julhennessy Yahoo Local Business Listings Local Search 2
Matthew Newman Are free Yahoo listings dead? Local Search 1
Linda Buquet RIP Yahoo Maps - To Die End of June Local Search 5
K YAHOO Listing Claim Issue Local Search 3
E Yahoo Local, can no longer update listing? Local Search 30
Colan Nielsen Does Yahoo Local Have a Bulk Upload Option? Local Search 1
Chris Ratchford NEW Yahoo Local Listing Dashboard Local Search 5
jason2004 Still no traffic after getting top positions on Google and Yahoo local!? Local Search 2
E Yahoo Local Changes Rules for Removing Businesses Local Search 4
Dustybones Yahoo has announced Yahoo Glass! Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Linda Buquet Years of Yahoo Local Reviews Being Wiped Out! Local Search 3
Ray Litvak Bing & Yahoo Optimization (Local & Organic) Local Search 0
J Yahoo verification process is broken Local Search 13
travelincat Country Listing For Bing Local & Yahoo Local? Local Search 3
RobinOctane Reporting Errors and Duplicates in Yahoo-Is there a New Way? Local Search 9
Linda Buquet YAHOO Ups their Local Search Game Local Search 5
D Yahoo Local Claimed by ATT/Yellowpages? Local Search 7
Matthew Newman Yahoo listings disappearing from Dashboard Local Search 4
Colan Nielsen Yahoo E-mail Mobile Recovery Number Required Local Search 1
mqs1000 Is Yext / Yahoo Localworks messing up my local ranking? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Just Launched: Yahoo! Localworks - Local Listing Management Local Search 2
Eric Rohrback Issues With Yahoo Local Local Search 4
Linda Buquet Is Yahoo! Local Being Revived? Local Search 3
C Yahoo and Firearms local listings Local Search 12
B Yahoo Duplicate Listing Local Search 6
Colan Nielsen Yahoo Local Impressions/Actions Marketing 0
J Yahoo! Local Listing disappeared, reviews lost--how to regain these? Local Search 7
Colan Nielsen Yahoo Ranking Factors Marketing 2
m_j_gregory Yahoo Local Listings Disappearing? Local Search 13
Colan Nielsen Yahoo! Local Verification Local Search 12
Linda Buquet Yahoo LOCAL is on Back Burner for Now Says Marissa Mayer Local Search 5
Marc Simcox Yahoo Local Photo Dimensions Local Search 1
djbaxter Google’s Gary Illyes: Stick to SEO Basics Organic SEO 4
Garrett Sussman How To Get Business Reviews: Back to Basics Local Reviews 0