More threads by Angie Captiva

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced trouble updating Yahoo basic local listings lately? I've also experienced losing listings that were once in my business account and are no longer showing up. Is Yahoo trying to force into paying for their local listing service with Yext? Has another decided to invest in their paid listing service? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Angie,

I had a tiny issue arrive with a Clients Yahoo listing last August (8/10/13 to be exact). For some reason they changed the address from "W TC Jester" to "E TC Jester". When I googled the new address + the phone number there were 0 results for that combination so I couldn't figure out where they pulled the new information from.

After editing the "E" to "W" in the dashboard I also sent an email to Yahoo Customer Care. I received the usual automated email that acknowledged my request for support. It took almost right at 9 weeks for that listing to become active again and luckily, the moderators accepted my edits (10/13/13). P.S. This edit didn't even require a verification via postcard.

I have not heard of anyone investing in their paid listings and was super disappointed when I noticed the change in service for the basic listings. It's too much like Yext to me and......I don't have nothing nice to say about Yext so I will say nothing at all.

If you are determined and patient enough then I, personally, don't think it is worth investing money into an "enhanced" listing. I let our client know the changes with Yahoo's Local and asked if he would prefer to pay for an enhanced listing in hopes of the edit being accepted within 3-5 business days compared to 8-10 weeks but he was willing to wait as long as his business info was correct everywhere else. Especially considering the answer in regards to cancellation-
[h=3]What happens to my directory listings if I cancel Yahoo Localworks?[/h]Cancellation of Yahoo Localworks will result in the removal of all new directory listings and listings updates created when you purchased Yahoo Localworks. If you previously had a basic listing on any of the target directories, your listing should revert to the original basic listing.
Yuck.:mad:

Yahoo Local has been a mess for years and it continues to a headache to make simple updates. They finally did something about their review spam, though, which is a step in the right direction, I guess (I no longer see businesses with 5,000+ 5-star reviews with the same review spun 5000 different ways and having 0 reviews in Yelp).

The user experience in Yahoo is horrible as well. It seems little thought was given to help the consumer find what they need. I don't waste much time with Yahoo anymore, especially with their use of extortion-like practices to get simple changes made.

Yahoo local reviews are very comical. The only bad thing is that google gives good social weight to yahoo and the reviews that show up. Typing competitors name directly in google and their yahoo will be the highest citations because of the fake reveiws

I'm glad you mentioned that. The credit Google gives Yahoo Local drives me nuts. What a joke.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom