Reaction score
Good Morning to all the super folks here!

I would appreciate any feedback on this. What tools or products do you currently use to be alerted to Local SEO news showing up on various sites around the web on a regular basis? What is your choice for this type of functionality and what do you like about the tool you're using for this?

I need to get something like this set up and figured some of you smarties would have good suggestions:) Thank you for taking the time to read and reply!

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Miriam,

Great question and I look forward to everyone's answers.

I use a few things to keep up to date:

1. I subscribe to this section of this community- Google Local IMPORTANT
2. I add all my fave blogs to Feedly
3. I turn-on alerts from the new Local Search Pros Google+ Community

Between those three tactics I never miss anything.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I ditto Colan's answer! :)

Here is how to subscribe to the IMPORTANT FORUM here, which only covers Google updates, new features and bugs. So you won't get bugged with other posts in your inbox. Of course I think you should subscribe to the whole forum because so much good info gets posted here. But just saying at the very least, need that Important forum.

I don't think you've joined our Local Search Pros G+ Community yet. Like Colan said that's another important place for news. Here's the invite in case you missed it.

And as far as Feedly goes... I have hundreds of blogs I subscribe to, but of course you know the most important are ones like Mike, Phil, Andrew, etc.

Then I also have a G+ circle I set up that has all the pros in it and I scan that daily as well.

And then I also have a Twitter group I set up.

So for me there is no single tool that will give me all the news I need. I scour them all every morning.

Reaction score
Hey Linda and Colin!
I really appreciate the considered and helpful feedback. Nice to see you guys, too:)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
BekahBerry Managing one client with multiple listings and need to be alerted to reviews All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
ChristianRdz Missing GMB review email alerts Local Reviews 2
Bryan Bloom 👉 Ahrefs Users - Are you aware they removed client alerts? Is this an issue for you also? Local SEO Tools & Software 5
Colan Nielsen [GMB Bug Alert] Listings Not in GMB After Accepting Manager Invite Local Search 5
Colan Nielsen Possible Bug Alert: Pagination Issue for Local Finder Results Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Aly Kurtz Google Q&A Alerts Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Colan Nielsen [Missing Data Alert] Knowledge Panel Seems to Have Removed Physical City Data Local Search 9
djbaxter WordPress Alert: PHP 5.6 and 7.0 reach EOL December 2018 Websites, Software, and Security 2
Dan Foland Anyone else getting email notifications from GMB alerting them of listing changes? Local Search 7
djbaxter Firefox Users Alert: New TRR feature - why and how to disable it Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Chrome and Firefox Extensions Alert You to Stolen Passwords Websites, Software, and Security 0
Linda Buquet Moz Local Now Provides Google NAP Change Alerts Google My Business & Google Maps 2
F Fake Listing [Alert] Local Search 3
Ajay Prasad Yelp is releasing new round of consumer alerts Local Reviews 4
L Spam Alert: to use this feature visit: EVENT-TRACKING.COM Consultant's Corner 0
Linda Buquet ALERT - Problem Member andrewmckim Mod Squad 10
Linda Buquet Seek and Find LOCALLY - Google Now Alerts for Local Product Search Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Warning! High Alert re user: Maptivists Mod Squad 0
RobinOctane Review Tracking Alerts? Local Reviews 1
Linda Buquet HELP DAVID - Alert Colan - ADWARE INJECTION Mod Squad 7
Linda Buquet New Google Places AKA Google+ Local Fraud Alert Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet Google+ Local BUG ALERTS - All in One Place Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Local SEO Call Tracking - Huge BS Alert Local Search 29
R New Reputation Management Software includes Google Review Backups, Alerts ? See Sceen Recycle Bin 0
Linda Buquet Reputation Management Solution with Google Review Backups and Alerts - Just Launched Local SEO Tools & Software 5
Chris Ratchford Google Ads- Local Pack- one GMB location only? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
W Local Search Ecosystem Diagram Local SEO Tools & Software 1
C Franchise hub site ranking higher then local franchise sites for the brand? Organic SEO 1
koji Local business with online nationwide services in a post-corona world Google Local 101 5
Barb Davids Phone number not local area code Moving or Name Changes 2
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 3
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
zach.todd What do you look for in a local website audit? Organic SEO 7
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
D Can you set an end-date for Local Services Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Barb Davids Ad fraud with Local Service Ads? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
D Local Services and Google my Business Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 8
Nicole Basham Cons of Removing Second FB Page Profile/"Extra" Twitter account for Local SAB? Mobile & Social 1
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 14
rustybrick Google Local ranking update? Google Algorithm Discussions 12
Matt Chauhan Serious Problem With A Dentist's Local Rankings. NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 1
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
chrism Local Competitor Keyword Stuffing/Similar Words In GMB Spam on Google 8
buzzrank Home inspector business category not available in Canada, but local competitors have NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Stef Kiley Temp closed business ranking higher in local pack Help & Support for Google Local 2
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0