More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
Our client got a one-star review with no context to it and they're obviously not happy. The name of the reviewer they do not know (which I have explained possible they're using a fake name)

We reported it via the review tool about a month ago and decision has been sitting in pending. I have reported it via other accounts too hoping this may do something which it hasn't

Do we have any options here? ANytime I try to open a ticket it takes me right back to the review tool

@ElizabethRule You have been so kind and helpful. ANy suggestions here?

Reviews with no content are the hardest to get removed, as they technically don't violate any content guidelines - so they will only get removed if the user that posted it violated something at the account level. Have you tried flagging the review for removal in maps? Have others flag on maps as well, and try to get users with good standing Google accounts to do this.

If that does not work, you can contact Google support and explain the review tool is not working - it shouldn't be pending status for that long.

Reviews with no content are the hardest to get removed, as they technically don't violate any content guidelines - so they will only get removed if the user that posted it violated something at the account level. Have you tried flagging the review for removal in maps? Have others flag on maps as well, and try to get users with good standing Google accounts to do this.

If that does not work, you can contact Google support and explain the review tool is not working - it shouldn't be pending status for that long.

Yes tried reporting via several accounts. No luck. I will see if I can get a hold of support!

Honestly, nothing you can do here. The review doesn't violate community guidelines because it has no inappropriate content, abuse, or anything...

You can only win if there was an influx of 1 star reviews from new accounts in a short period of time, in this case you have a solid proof that someone is trying to lower your rankings by posting fake 1-star reviews from fake accounts. Most review networks would take it seriously and investigate.

When you have one bad 1-star review with no content there, just move on, write a reply and try getting new reviews from loyal customers to get your rankings back on track.

Example how to write review to this type of negative feedback. This example will show others that this one is most likely not even a real customer.

“Thank you for sharing your feedback. We take all our customer seriously. Upon reviewing our records, we couldn’t find any transactions or interactions matching your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at [contact information] so we can resolve this matter promptly. Thank you for understanding.”

Reactions: cjk
I think there is an option in the review tool to contact and follow up the Pending status. Then say that the review does not represent a genuine experience and that you do not have that name in your database.

Under that justification I managed to remove a 1 star review without context after 8 months stuck in the review tool.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom