Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Awesome catch Nick. THANK SO MUCH! I'm on phones with Drs, VA, hospital etc all day and had not had time to check Reader.

Really appreciate you guys catching and sharing important info like this while I'm tied up!

Nick.SEOSpark

Reaction score
No problem Linda, and really hope things are going well with you during the difficult time.

Hopefully, we can chime in and help out.

laurie

Reaction score
Thanks for the article. I just tried to get into places dashboard to verify our church's listing, but I see it has all changed. Can anyone direct me where to enter the pin# now to verify the listing?

Thanks!

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
He says newly verified listings can get the dashboard? A few days after the roll out I claimed a listing through Google+ Local and was taken to Google Places. No new dashboard.

Should I have claimed it through Google Places for Business or something?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Josh, it hasn't rolled out to ALL listings just yet. We set-up listings today, and most still had the "old" dash.

He says newly verified listings can get the dashboard? A few days after the roll out I claimed a listing through Google+ Local and was taken to Google Places. No new dashboard.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Strange, thought it was rolled out to all new listings. Must have misread it.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

Josh - Google+ Local, Google Places and Google Places for Business are all the same thing. They all take you to either the old or new Places dash - depending on when the upgrade hits.

Sounds like you verified a few days ago. It had not rolled out to all new users then.

Jade just let us know yesterday afternoon that the new dashboard is now available for all new US user and I believe it had JUST finished rolling out to all new users right then.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
JoyHawkins _ Things to do in 2016 for Local SEO Post Drafts (Private) 0
Linda Buquet 5 Things that Annoy the Heck out of Your Local SEO Clients - RU Guilty? Consultant's Corner 3
Linda Buquet 10 Things I Learned About Local SEO In 2014 - Andrew Shotland Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 12 Things To Check In Your Local Homepage SEO Audit + 2 Warnings Local Search 4
Dustybones A few things SMB's don't understand about SEO Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 10 Things That Scare You if you do Local SEO - Be Very Afraid! Local Search 1
djbaxter Things That Help and Hurt SEO Organic SEO 3
djbaxter Bugs and things not working as expected in Xenforo 2.2 Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 4
S Buying reviews, is this a real thing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
bruce@brucejone Optimizing Images For GMB - Things Have Changed Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Barb Davids Are cities and zip codes in the footer still a thing? Local Search 2
LocalSEODat Hey Gang - if you get high volume of reviews and only reply to positive ones, is that a bad thing? Local Reviews 2
M Backlinking Citations: Is this a "Thing"? Local Search 8
freerunr Interesting Things in Local Finder: Question Mark and "Write a Review" Google News: Important Changes & Features 2
R Free Webinar: 15 Things You Must Do to Improve Your Google My Business Rank in 2019 Events 2
Chaddow Strange things happening with review responses around the world Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Jim Froling Joining This Forum Is The Best Thing You Have Done Introduce Yourself - We're Friendly 7
cd2 Are Hashtags in Google My Business Posts STILL a Good Thing? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
JoyHawkins Is there Such Thing as a Description Penalty? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Dustybones STUDY: 5 Things We See With The New Local Pack Local Search 7
Dustybones Is It a Bad Thing If You Don't Change Your Clients To HTTPS? Organic SEO 5
Linda Buquet 5 Things You Need To Be Doing Post Pigeon Local Search 0
Dustybones 7 things businesss do that can hurt local rankings Local Search 0
Linda Buquet 7 Things I?ve Figured Out About The New Google Maps Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Bruce Bird Merging Places and G+ Local pages - and a few other things! Help & Support for Google Local 8
Chris Ratchford Strange thing going on in SERPs with client's website Organic SEO 3
S Funny Things With Places Lately? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Colan Nielsen InfoUsa - Odd Thing Happening Citations 13
Linda Buquet Google Launches NEW Things To Do In... Tourist Attraction Image Bar in SERPS Local Search 5
Shelly Pros & Cons of Facebook Locations for Local SEO (for a Credit Union) Multi-Location Issues 2
rich_marlatt What Wordpress plugins do you recommend for SEO and Schema Markup? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
rich_marlatt Do the number of backlinks from a domain have any impact on local SEO? Local Search 2
brettmandoes Hiring SEO Analyst - Full Time - Remote Accepted Local SEO Job Board 0
ganapathy Wix Platform From SEO point of view Websites, Software, and Security 4
Annika Neudecker One year later, is your GMB/local SEO traffic still up? Local Search 3
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
F Turkish post: Google My Business local seo Recycle Bin 0
F Google My Business local seo Google Local 101 3
A Pointing SEO friendly domain to old domain and its effect on GMB ranking? Local Search 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
B SEO A/B Testing is possible... And it is easier than you think Recycle Bin 0
J Voice SEO suggestions? Organic SEO 2
M Client Says SEO Should Be Paid By Commission Only Consultant's Corner 15
Kayla Adam Canadian Local SEO Agency Needed Local Search 3
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
djbaxter Webinar Technical SEO Help Hour Oct. 28 Events 0
djbaxter Take the 2020 Local SEO Blackbelt Quiz Events 0
C The value of a blog on a website for local SEO Local Search 58
N Local SEO for Franchisee Local Search 4