Craig Smith

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client that runs an auto repair shop, but at the same location he also has a Budget rent a car service.

We claimed the original listing for his auto repair shop a few weeks ago, but we've just realised while doing some research that "Budget Rent-A-Car" has a listing that uses same street address and phone number. (postal code is wrong but likely a mistake)

The Auto repair listing has no website link as he doesn't have one at the moment, but he has 1 review related to his auto service.

The Budget listing is unclaimed and links to the site locations.budget.com and has 1 review related to rental.

As both listing have same address and use the same phone number I'm sure this is going to cause problems.

Should I claim the Budget Rent-A-Car listing and have it removed?

Do you think having these two listing is stopping it from ranking?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Should I claim the Budget Rent-A-Car listing and have it removed?

Do you think having these two listing is stopping it from ranking?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

Hey Craig,

There isn't really a way to have the budget rental car listing removed. As long as there are other citations for it then Google will continue to display a G+ Local page for it.

Do the two businesses truly share the same phone number? If so, it sounds more like one business with two services.

Craig Smith

Reaction score
Hi Colan,
Thanks for replying, it's strange I checked it several times and was positive that the phone numbers were the same.
I checked again today and the numbers are different, (only last 4 digits) maybe I'd been looking at my screen too much.

Thanks
Craig

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Gsmithmike Can you have two google local listings with same address and different phone numbers? Local Search 3
C Duplicate Practitioner Listings - both with different address but same phone Help & Support for Google Local 8
S Should Franchisees with the same phone numbers have separate listings? Help & Support for Google Local 5
M Google says information isn't the same between two listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
L Yelp merging two listings with the same name Citations 1
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Tim Colling Duplicate listings at same address, which would you report? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Belen C Listing sharing almost the same name Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Aly Kurtz Two Business Listings (1 old, 1 new) For Same Business Moving or Name Changes 5
Ajay Prasad Local listing- Claim two different business under same owner? Local Search 1
R New business name, new domain, same local listing. What do you think will happen? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
accessted Having two listings in different towns with same name Google My Business & Google Maps 2
John Tabita Can I Use the Same Gmail Account to Claim Multiple Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
M Main Location listing + Agent listing + Same Address = DUPE? Google Duplicates & Merges 12
M Main Location listing + Agent listing + Same Address = DUPE? Google Duplicates & Merges 12
G Multiple Listings - Same Address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
A Same Listing Twice in Same Account? Help & Support for Google Local 4
B 2 listings at the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 15
grantbrott Multiple Locations Listed On Same Page Local Search 3
Vijay Marathe Google Places listing for a real agent has the same address as that of his principal Local Search 8
R Google Places Dashboard Shows Same Impressions/Actions Stats for 2 Listings Help & Support for Google Local 3
Hammer Site manager trying to get listing ownership All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
J Getting Rid of Incorrect Highlights in GMB mobile listing ( highlights you can't update on back end ) Google My Business & Google Maps 1
A Old listing reflects the wrong information - But there's a twist. Google Duplicates & Merges 1
JoyHawkins Get Live Inventory Displayed on Your Google My Business Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 6
greenworld_ Adding a new location extension for a separate GMB listing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
M Removing old GMB listing from previous owner of premises Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Professor M New Local European Local listing removals Process Google My Business & Google Maps 1
1 GMB Listing Disabled after updating address... Google My Business & Google Maps 12
TriciaClements 3 Businesses - how to handle GMB listings for SAB? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
M Bar within hotel appearing in place of main hotel listing Help & Support for Google Local 6
Scott Rawlins GMB Listing in Greece Google My Business & Google Maps 4
RobertCarnitas GMB Spam for 'Located In' business - Does it affect the GMB listing for the business that is located inside it? Spam on Google 3
G Internet marketing company and map listings? Help & Support for Google Local 4
D New GMB listing possible due to acquisition of company? Service Area Businesses 3
Elmer .S How to delete duplicate Claimed listings on Yelp? Citations 5
L Multiple Listing Against Guidelines? Multi-Location Issues 4
Jen Currier Would you set up an Architect client with a Hybrid/SAB GMB listing if the location was residential? Service Area Businesses 2
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
TriciaClements Realtor Listings Google My Business & Google Maps 14
jross Incomplete GMB Listing Error? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Annika Neudecker Mysteriously vanishing GMB listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
S Old Listing Hijacked by another business Spam on Google 2
WAHamilton Main listing filtered by duplicate, after duplicate is marked as 'closed' Google Duplicates & Merges 6
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8