More threads by Craig Smith

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client that runs an auto repair shop, but at the same location he also has a Budget rent a car service.

We claimed the original listing for his auto repair shop a few weeks ago, but we've just realised while doing some research that "Budget Rent-A-Car" has a listing that uses same street address and phone number. (postal code is wrong but likely a mistake)

The Auto repair listing has no website link as he doesn't have one at the moment, but he has 1 review related to his auto service.

The Budget listing is unclaimed and links to the site locations.budget.com and has 1 review related to rental.

As both listing have same address and use the same phone number I'm sure this is going to cause problems.

Should I claim the Budget Rent-A-Car listing and have it removed?

Do you think having these two listing is stopping it from ranking?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

Should I claim the Budget Rent-A-Car listing and have it removed?

Do you think having these two listing is stopping it from ranking?

Any advice you can offer is much appreciated.
Thanks
Craig

Hey Craig,

There isn't really a way to have the budget rental car listing removed. As long as there are other citations for it then Google will continue to display a G+ Local page for it.

Do the two businesses truly share the same phone number? If so, it sounds more like one business with two services.

Hi Colan,
Thanks for replying, it's strange I checked it several times and was positive that the phone numbers were the same.
I checked again today and the numbers are different, (only last 4 digits) maybe I'd been looking at my screen too much.

Thanks
Craig

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom