garyjmag

Reaction score
I have a doctor client that operates 3 separate unique practices out of the same building (ENT, Plastic Surgery, Hearing Center). Each practice has its own business name, its own phone number, but shares the same address.

We've attempted adding a fake suite # to the newest of the businesses as this had some moderate success in the past, but now with the latest Possum update, does this still work??

Each business is unique enough to not compete with each other in the SERPs, so I don't think we're experiencing any fallout from Possum. And we're really not seeing any evidence of a penalty, so there is nothing "wrong" per se. But I know this is not an ideal situation and was wondering how some of you would handle a situation like this, knowing that one address is not ideal and Google is really trying to diversify results from clustered locations?

garyjmag

Reaction score
Oh ya, 3 different sites (same hosting though). Forgot to mention that! :)

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Gary,

If all three businesses have unique phone number, website, name, and most importantly GMB categories selected, than you should be ok. The key will be the categories and the fact that they are truly unique businesses offering unique services.

Scott Rawlins

Solutions
Reaction score
Yep, totally agree with Colan. I was just coming back to say the same thing.

Thanks Colan.

RuggedSEO

Reaction score
Just curious about this.. how would they verify all 3 GMB listings with the same address? Or is it just toss on a fake suite #?

garyjmag

Reaction score
No they were easily able to verify all 3 listings with the same address using postcard (this happened at different times though, not all at once).

Later on, we added a suite# to the newest listing with no citations in order to hopefully differentiate it from the other 2 established businesses at that address.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
How's this ranking coming? Are they all ranking separately?

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
K Map Pin Does Not Show When Business Owner Googles Their Address Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L Does selecting a service area for hidden address business have negative effects? Moving or Name Changes 1
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
Charles Jenkins SCHEMA For local business with address hidden? Local Search 1
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
SmallBizGeek Moved a business to a new address, but no confirmation PIN? Moving or Name Changes 1
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
M Business Suspended for Using Virtual Address, Moving to New Real Location Moving or Name Changes 4
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
stevedimatteo Separate Businesses at Same Mailing Address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
Adam C. Residential Address For Service Area Business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
R Two Local Businesses Share One Address Local Search 3
S Changing the address of a SAB business Service Area Businesses 3
genzlinger Getting Business Address Found Using Siri Local Search 1
P 2 Businesses, Same Address, 1 local, 1 SAB Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
H Different business and URL, but with same address Google Duplicates & Merges 15
D Off Topic How Do You Handle Businesses That Have No Business Address? Recycle Bin 1
Brittany Barkes Service Area Business with Virtual & Home Address Service Area Businesses 2
Charles Jenkins Can a home based business list address on GMB? Local Search 2
Oliver Keates GMB - Two businesses at one address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
G What's the best way for my business to handle a change of address? Local Search 8
R Home Business Address Listing? Organic SEO 5
Jared Broussard Google Maps: Business Name Search vs. Business Address Search Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Rich Owings Switching from service area business to address Help & Support for Google Local 4
E Direct Address Search for Business Issues Help & Support for Google Local 2
ganapathy How to Update New Business Address in Existing GMB listing Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Oliver Keates How to list a mobile business that doesn't have a fixed address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Brodie Clark Google My Business now showing an email address field? Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
W Checking The Box "I Also Serve Customers At This Business Address" Service Area Businesses 15
BrentCarnduff GMB Filtering similar businesses with same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Jamie Steigerwald 2 Businesses At The Same Address Local Search 6
iwebresults Help - 2 Different Addresses and GMB Listings - for 1 Business Google My Business & Google Maps 7
B 2 Separate Businesses, Separate Addresses, Same Phone Number Local Search 6
S USPS Doesn't Deliver Postcards to Business Address Service Area Businesses 2
S USPS Doesn't Deliver Postcards to Business Address Service Area Businesses 2
FriarTuck00 G Maps No Longer Showing Full Address or Offering Driving Directions for Business Google My Business & Google Maps 17
C Business address AND box number? Citations 10
S How to structure site content for a business with one physical address but other area Local Search 3
B GMB or Map Maker - Editing business address Google My Business & Google Maps 5
M How To Correctly Set-Up 2 Businesses At The Same Address Local Search 11
Chris D Can't find business by searching an address Google My Business & Google Maps 2
James Watt Non Service area businesses that don't show an address? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
M Unclaimed business at the address of new business Google My Business & Google Maps 3
MichaelW Business has 2 Different Websites with same phone number and address Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Daylol Re: Two Businesses, Two Phone Numbers, One Address Recycle Bin 0
FriarTuck00 Two Businesses, Two Phone Numbers, One Address Local Search 4