More threads by MarianoF

MarianoF

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a brand name that is too long for the end of the title tag as it includes the name of the city.
Question 1
Should I shorten it? by removing the name of the city and leave the most important part of the name?
Question 2
Even though the name of the city is already in the brand name, should I also add the location at the beginning of the title? or will it be considered stuffing even though is part of the brand name?
Option a: location | main keyword | brand (Shorten brand name without the city)
Option b: main keyword| Brand (with the city )

Thanks

Hi @MarianoF It depends on how well known the brand is and how important the brand would be in converting a potential customer. If it's important to conversions I would include it near the front. Otherwise it's not that critical.

It also depends on the page you are optimizing. For instance, if it is the About Us page or a Reviews page that you have included review schema on I would include the brand name. The reason is that you want that page to rank well organically for a branded search so you have more review snippets featured on your Google Home Page and you want that page to get pulled into the "Reviews From The Web" section of your knowledge panel.

My thoughts...

Question 1 - I agree with Colan. If the brand name is an important piece to build customer trust, then you really should put the real name in the title tag. That will help people recognize the brand from both physical and digital worlds. If the brand isn't as important (or isn't as well known), then test for better CTR.

Question 2 - Similar to #1, test for better CTR. Good copy that includes main keyword + full brand could work better. What does your URL structure look like (eg, do you have the location mentioned in the URL)? How are you writing the description?

I think there's a ton of ways to make this work. Really it comes down to whether the page is in a good position today to test some of the different ways.

Thank you very much, Colan and Eric.
This is the brand name: Better Health Doctor Sydney CBD
So my options here would be:
Medical Center | Sydney| Better Health
or
Medical Center | Better Health Sydney CBD
What do you think?
cheers

Of those two options I would go with the second one.

Both of those options for a title tag are no good...unless it's a random page on the site you don't care about ranking.

Using the Moz tool, on page grader for keyword optimization is useful for beginners.

I would definitely include the brand name in full, even if it does get cut off. I would do this for possible YMYL implications since you're medical.

I would definitely include the brand name in full, even if it does get cut off. I would do this for possible YMYL implications since you're medical.
Thank you, Joshua.
I don't have a problem to add the brand name in full but I think is important to add the location at the beginning of the title and if I add Sydney CBD and then at the end the brand name I will be repeating the location as the brand name is Better Health Sydney CBD.
Sorry, I am not sure if I am clear.
cheers

Thank you Oliver.
If you ever have the chance to use the brightlocal, when you run a local Search Audit there is a checklist of actions that need to be taken when optimising pages, one being making sure the location is mentioned in the title.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom