studentoflife

Reaction score
Sometimes I see a 2-pack when searching for things that ordinarily give a 3-pack. I’m not sure what triggers the 2-pack, but I haven’t seen a five pack in years.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
This is like a blast from the past!!! I will definitely post here if I manage to see it.

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Reaction score
If Google decides to change to a five-pack, why do you suppose they would do that? What future change(s) might it be preparing for?

Conor Treacy

Reaction score
Ads is my thinking also, either Google Ads or Google Local Service endorsement type ads.

There could be an issue with showing more variety or choices to people. If there are 5 on the map, it might mean fewer are clicking over to the Maps area and pounding the servers with more queries. It could lead to more Page 1 clicks, which would mean a happier end user.

Bernhard

Reaction score
It is quite some time ago, but i have seen a 4Pack by doing some queries for a customer. On the first place was an ad (marked) and on position 2 to 4 the usual results. That was only for a short period here in Switzerland.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

LocalU Nov2021

Most UpVoted Answers

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom