Drudge

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm working on a client whose number on Acxiom is incorrect.

Normally, you call the 866 number from the client's office and go from there...but since the phone number listed is wrong in the first place...we're stuck.

I'm aware of Moz Local, but this particular client is on a shoestring budget and unfortunately we can't use it ( I know....).

Any ideas, or just move on?

Greg Schueler

Reaction score
To claim a listing, you have to call from the office number, but as mentioned the number is wrong.

In order to get that changed/claimed here is what Acxiom says to do:

Step 4: F) If you are unable to call from the business phone number on the listing please e-mail mblm@acxiom.com with your listing information and attach a document showing proof of business. This document can be a utility bill or phone bill showing the business name and address as it appears on the listing. A confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address on the account once the listing is verified.

I would not just move on, as this wrong number will keep publishing the incorrect data around the web. Get if fixed! :)

Nyagoslav

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
I just wanted to add that you cannot change the business name and/or phone number on pre-existing Acxiom records. Thus, after you claim the listing (per Greg's post above), you would need to delete it, and add a brand-new one, which would again require document verification.

Cheers!
Nyagoslav

bczubiak

Reaction score
I think that many of these companies make updating records way to difficult. I know there needs to be some controls but 'we' are trying to clean up 'their' data so they can sell it and make money.

You are kind of stuck. If you create a new listing, you have to send them all kinds of documents like business license info. Have you actually called Acxiom and asked them what to do? If it were me, I would go ahead and create another record if you can't get them to change the phone. Then just keep doing Google searches for that phone number and try to clean up those records where that number exists.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Acxiom's Directory will close at the end of the year Citations 8
Scott ClientClicks MozLocal - How long for Acxiom and Localeze? Local Search 1
G Issues Removing Acxiom Listings Help & Support for Google Local 0
Dustybones 60 Minutes segment on Acxiom Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 5
M Acxiom document verification??? Citations 3
RobinOctane Listings IP Address Already in Use (Acxiom) Citations 13
K Acxiom error: IP address is being used by another user. Citations 3
I Acxiom - Down for 2 weeks Citations 15
NickB-Tampa Should all the phone numbers on the landing page to our GMB listing be included in the structured data? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
FriarTuck00 Question Regarding GMB Listings and Phone Numbers Multi-Location Issues 3
Jason_Parks1 How Should I Structure Suite Numbers with a New Office? Moving or Name Changes 1
M Can I Use Google Voice for Google My Business Phone Number? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Changing phone number on individual location GMBs NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
A Diminishing Returns on Number of Reviews? Local Reviews 6
LaurenHoward Mobile SERPs showing wrong phone number on GMB NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
R Schema markup and dynamic tracking numbers Google My Business & Google Maps 3
bryanrainey GMB Phone Number for Franchises NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
B Can't change the telephone number in the GMB account Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W Incorrect Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
L Apple Maps With Call Tracking Number On Website Citations 4
mihir23192 What could have caused the sudden jump in Number of Google Reviews? 50 to 3500 Help & Support for Google Local 2
ganapathy Default Google Ads Extension Phone Number (Advanced information section) in GMB Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
TriciaClements Business Phone Number Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Ryan Steinolfson Practitioner's Page - Using a Cell Phone number for the listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Tim Colling What to do when you've verified your phone number for too many Google accounts? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
freerunr GMB Guidelines: phone number must be under the direct control of the business Google My Business & Google Maps 2
shripadd Some one doing daily edit to primary phone number Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Gsmithmike Random Number In Sitemap: Is that Okay? Organic SEO 2
NevenaIvanova Can shared phone number lead to listing suspension? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
V Local Services Ad: Does using a different phone number in local services ad effect the organic ranking for my site Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
JoshuaMackens GMB Ads - Call Tracking Phone Number Paid Search and Local Service Ads 6
E Maximum number of listings per account Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
FriarTuck00 Google Keeps Changing Phone Number on Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 5
rickvidallon Google Not Updating Number of Reviews Local Reviews 2
J Correcting a Number on FB Local Content 7
J Using the phone number of the previous local business Citations 5
FriarTuck00 Big Jump in Number of Google Reviews - Why? Local Reviews 3
E Maximum number of listings per account Google My Business & Google Maps 4
erickseo Does having a tracking phone number as primary instead of our regular phone number hurt ranking? Local Search 13
EmilyW Yellow Pages: change phone number to claim? Local Search 3
K Customer wants to add a tracking number across all of his Citations NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Tim Colling Why register a domain name with your toll free number? Organic SEO 5
L Big Drop in the number of new reviews made by customers Local Reviews 1
S Same phone number for different location Local Search 8
R Total number of reviews and ratings not displaying in knowledge panel Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Marissa Does GMB Secondary Phone Number Show Up Anywhere? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
rhull GMB listing numbers tanked Google My Business & Google Maps 14
D Multiple locations on GMB with the same Name and Phone Number NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
BrianMacKenzie Variations in Number of SERPs Above the Map Pack Local Search 0
R Tracking numbers for local service company Citations 4