More threads by Drudge

Drudge

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm working on a client whose number on Acxiom is incorrect.

Normally, you call the 866 number from the client's office and go from there...but since the phone number listed is wrong in the first place...we're stuck.

I'm aware of Moz Local, but this particular client is on a shoestring budget and unfortunately we can't use it ( I know....).

Any ideas, or just move on?

To claim a listing, you have to call from the office number, but as mentioned the number is wrong.

In order to get that changed/claimed here is what Acxiom says to do:

Step 4: F) If you are unable to call from the business phone number on the listing please e-mail mblm@acxiom.com with your listing information and attach a document showing proof of business. This document can be a utility bill or phone bill showing the business name and address as it appears on the listing. A confirmation will be sent to the e-mail address on the account once the listing is verified.

I would not just move on, as this wrong number will keep publishing the incorrect data around the web. Get if fixed! :)

I just wanted to add that you cannot change the business name and/or phone number on pre-existing Acxiom records. Thus, after you claim the listing (per Greg's post above), you would need to delete it, and add a brand-new one, which would again require document verification.

Cheers!
Nyagoslav

I think that many of these companies make updating records way to difficult. I know there needs to be some controls but 'we' are trying to clean up 'their' data so they can sell it and make money.

You are kind of stuck. If you create a new listing, you have to send them all kinds of documents like business license info. Have you actually called Acxiom and asked them what to do? If it were me, I would go ahead and create another record if you can't get them to change the phone. Then just keep doing Google searches for that phone number and try to clean up those records where that number exists.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom