DiGesu

Reaction score
I received an email from acxiom saying:

Acxiom's Directory/Local Search line of products is being retired at the end of 2019. As a result, we are no longer accepting new registrations for My Business Listing Manager and will close our listing directory at the end of the year. As a means to ensure the broadest correction/addition of your listing information, we recommend you reach out to your local telephone company and/or your Yellow Page provider to address inaccuracies or additions you may notice with your listings as many other search and directory businesses receive that telephone company and Yellow Page source data.

DiGesu

Reaction score
@Phil Rozek @Margaret If you guys say it is good news, then I feel better. I thought it was not so good.
But, who is going to give info to the directories that a Acxiom was working with....do we have to do it ourselves...one by one....

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@DiGesu, that's always been the case. Simply having an Acxiom listing never was a good way to get your NAP info out there, because Acxiom's network was relatively small, and because it seemed to take forever for those other sites to pick up your info.

Nonetheless, it was just important enough that most SEOs' OCD would kick in, and we'd say, "All right, let's try to claim and fix this bloody thing." But that process was a pain.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
What will happen is the people who bought info from Acxiom will now buy from InfoUSA, Localeze, or Factual instead. It's good news for us as there's less to work with now.

The only bad news is that the smaller sites that were using Acxiom at one point probably won't find a new provider and the old bad info they have will remain that way. However, if that's the case then they probably a) weren't going to buy new info from Acxiom again and b) will be out of business and have a dead site not too long from now.

I'm not concerned and I think it's a good thing.

dotgal

Reaction score
I have always had a hard time with fixing client NAP information using Acxiom so this is good news. @DiGesu Does this mean that if we have an existing My Business Listing Manager and listings, we can still use to manage the listings. Or everything is sunsetting? When we are doing local citations moving forward what are the top sources that we need spend our time on now? Are aggregators still relevant?

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@dookie, not to parachute in and answer for @DiGesu, but my understanding is that we won't be able to manage listings as of 12/31/19.

It will still be worth squaring away your listings on InfoGroup and LocalEze.

Here's a list of sites I generally recommend bothering with:

Plus listings on industry-specific sites and other sites @whitespark has catalogued well: https://whitespark.ca/resources/

DiGesu

Reaction score
@dookie As far as I know we can still manage listings until the end of the year. I have a working "My Business Listing Manager", but acxiom made my business listing "expire". I was able to listed again.
Thank you @Phil Rozek for sharing the citation-worksheet.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Scott ClientClicks MozLocal - How long for Acxiom and Localeze? Local Search 1
G Issues Removing Acxiom Listings Help & Support for Google Local 0
D Acxiom Number Wrong Local Search 4
Dustybones 60 Minutes segment on Acxiom Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 5
M Acxiom document verification??? Citations 3
RobinOctane Listings IP Address Already in Use (Acxiom) Citations 13
K Acxiom error: IP address is being used by another user. Citations 3
I Acxiom - Down for 2 weeks Citations 15
Colan Nielsen NEW Claim your listing on BrightLocal's Agency Directory: Get in front of relevant customers and win leads LSF News and Announcements 3
hajnasiewicz GMB on Mobile: "Directory" tab Google My Business & Google Maps 2
LauraUK Placing a bulk "lock on" directory listings Citations 7
J Claiming a Directory Listing For a Client Citations 9
hajnasiewicz Mobile > Directory Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
billenross Best Of The Web Directory value? Citations 3
Travis Van Slooten How Do You Find Niche Specific Citation Directories? Local Search 7
Caroline Submitting Directory Entries Local Search 3
wideangle SEO implications of call tracking numbers on a local directory site Citations 19
Kevin Marshall How Hard Is It to Outrank Yelp and Other Directory Websites in the SERPs? Local Search 5
Monica Simpson Spreadsheet with Directory Specs Local Search 2
ValerieM Advice Local Directory Listing Service - Suggestions or Advice Citations 24
Igor Phone verification issues for business with extension directories Citations 5
W Directory Showing In Brand Search Term Results Local Search 8
Zhivko What makes a directory valuable? Citations 26
C Cheapest Citation Submission Service Per Directory Citations 9
L After moving site to HTTPS do i need to update all directory / NAP listings ? Local Search 2
C Submission Service for Select Directories? Citations 4
C Top Orphan Local Directories Local Search 1
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
Caroline Frustrated - Broken Directories! Local Search 18
T Cross linking GMB with other local directories Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Tim Sweeney What Would You Recommend For Categories On A Chamber Member Directory? Consultant's Corner 3
Tim Colling Lead Diversion Directories - A Growing Problem Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Top 100 Local Business Directories/Citations for Local SEO by Andrew Shotland @Yext Citations 12
Tim Sweeney Directory Site In 2016 and Beyond Consultant's Corner 6
G SAP Directories Local Search 3
Tim Colling The "Lead Theft" Directory Problem - What Can We Do? Local Search 9
Colan Nielsen The Right Financial Advisor Directory Citations 2
C Listing Services That Allow You To Control Which Directories Citations 3
P Operating a local directory as a marketing strategy? Consultant's Corner 19
Vijay Marathe Best name format for single practitioner businesses on local directories other than G Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Martin Briggs Phone extension number for Google Plus and other directories Local Search 3
L Booking dot com claiming a businesses listing on another directory Local Search 4
C Are the second tier local directories significant? Where's the traffic data? Local Search 49
JoyHawkins Linking to a 3rd Party Directory on G+ Local is Against Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Dustybones Local Directories See Drop - Opportunities Still Exist though Citations 1
L Local Directory Checkup software? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
John Tabita SEO for Local Directories Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Groupon Launches Business Directory with Millions of Small Business Listings Local Search 5
Dustybones Optimizing for IYP and Small Business Directories in a Post-Pigeon World Local Search 0