More threads by DiGesu

DiGesu

Reaction score
I received an email from acxiom saying:

Acxiom's Directory/Local Search line of products is being retired at the end of 2019. As a result, we are no longer accepting new registrations for My Business Listing Manager and will close our listing directory at the end of the year. As a means to ensure the broadest correction/addition of your listing information, we recommend you reach out to your local telephone company and/or your Yellow Page provider to address inaccuracies or additions you may notice with your listings as many other search and directory businesses receive that telephone company and Yellow Page source data.

@DiGesu, I had heard about that last month. (Long story.) Good news, as far as I'm concerned. Simplifies things a little.

@Phil Rozek @Margaret If you guys say it is good news, then I feel better. I thought it was not so good.
But, who is going to give info to the directories that a Acxiom was working with....do we have to do it ourselves...one by one....

@DiGesu, that's always been the case. Simply having an Acxiom listing never was a good way to get your NAP info out there, because Acxiom's network was relatively small, and because it seemed to take forever for those other sites to pick up your info.

Nonetheless, it was just important enough that most SEOs' OCD would kick in, and we'd say, "All right, let's try to claim and fix this bloody thing." But that process was a pain.

What will happen is the people who bought info from Acxiom will now buy from InfoUSA, Localeze, or Factual instead. It's good news for us as there's less to work with now.

The only bad news is that the smaller sites that were using Acxiom at one point probably won't find a new provider and the old bad info they have will remain that way. However, if that's the case then they probably a) weren't going to buy new info from Acxiom again and b) will be out of business and have a dead site not too long from now.

I'm not concerned and I think it's a good thing.

I have always had a hard time with fixing client NAP information using Acxiom so this is good news. @DiGesu Does this mean that if we have an existing My Business Listing Manager and listings, we can still use to manage the listings. Or everything is sunsetting? When we are doing local citations moving forward what are the top sources that we need spend our time on now? Are aggregators still relevant?

@dookie, not to parachute in and answer for @DiGesu, but my understanding is that we won't be able to manage listings as of 12/31/19.

It will still be worth squaring away your listings on InfoGroup and LocalEze.

Here's a list of sites I generally recommend bothering with:

Plus listings on industry-specific sites and other sites @whitespark has catalogued well: https://whitespark.ca/resources/

@dookie As far as I know we can still manage listings until the end of the year. I have a working "My Business Listing Manager", but acxiom made my business listing "expire". I was able to listed again.
Thank you @Phil Rozek for sharing the citation-worksheet.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom