More threads by Larry Linson

Reaction score
I have created a high content paid with my attorney client that has been very successful in traffic. Literally this blog post get 4 times the traffic of any other page. But this page does not seem to be making any difference in the bottom line for my attorney client. It feels so bitter sweet to have a page that absolutely knocks it out the park but is just not doing much for his business. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I analyze this situation?

Look at Google Analytics to see things like:
  • Where the traffic is coming from:
    • Geographically (is it local/relevant)
    • Is it referral traffic? Social traffic? Organic?
  • Where users go after they land on the page. Do they visit another page on the site?

I'd also recommend adding clear CTA buttons to the page (if those aren't already there). These could point to things like:
  • Another blog post or landing page where the user can learn more.
  • Download a whitepaper (etc).
  • Contact page.

Well you have the answer:
Your client wants more clients/calls, NOT traffic.

How do you analyze the situation? Well, focus on keywords that could generate more business, not more traffic.

It's better to focus on low traffic keywords but business potential, than the reverse.

Hope this helps.

I would suggest utilizing this page by making sure you use it to link to another page on your site that is a page that converts well and provides leads. Internal links are powerful.

I would suggest utilizing this page by making sure you use it to link to another page on your site that is a page that converts well and provides leads. Internal links are powerful.

What do you mean by "powerful"?

You can build internal links and still not ranking. I'm wondering how you conclude that. Show me a page that doesn't have backlinks and only internal links ranking #1 and I'll believe you.

We see ranking increases all the time after adding internal links. I've never published anything on it because there is already so much out there written on the topic. Here is a really good study that was published recently on it: 23 Million Internal Links - A Google SEO Case Study

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom