More threads by JustinB

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone ran into this issue of trying to come up with a nice youtube extension for their business youtube url. I have a client that lives in a suburb within a larger metropolitan, and they want their youtube extension to be the name of her business plus the metro area they serve i.e. youtube.ccom/business+city, but the only options Google is giving us is youtube.com/business+surburb-location.

Any advice to help them get a better extension choice?

They aren't receiving any heavy local traffic at the moment, so altering the citation to include the metropolitan city name on google citations instead of their suburb city, and then changing it back to the suburb location after seeing if Google would give us a new choice, was the idea we had. The suburb sometimes can be interchangeable with the Metro City because of proximity when looking at some of the mail so I don't think it would be too greyhat. What do you think?
Appreciate any replies!

Hi Justin,

I was wondering what you meant by this sentence "so altering the citation to include the metropolitan city name on google citations instead of their suburb city, and then changing it back to the suburb location after seeing if Google would give us a new choice, was the idea we had."

When you say "google citations' are you talking about the name on the Google+ local listing or something else?

Sorry about the confusion, but yes the Google My Business Page address info.

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the delayed responses - working some bad hours at the moment and the time difference doesn't help either I know!

My suggestion though would be to remove any geographic locators from the GMB page name, unless they are part of the real business name, since that is against Google guidelines. Then with that all tidied up, go via the Google+ feedback option and very nicely ask for the custom URL option you want. This has been known to work for some businesses - but I wouldn't recommend doing it unless the GMB side of it is squeaky clean!

Just my $0.5c worth!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom