JasonKhoo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

One of the websites we help just figured out that they have duplicate, plagiarized content on their website. What I mean is that the blog post that is on their site is also on other websites. The content that is duplicated is not from our writers, it was from the marketing company before us.

We have a hunch that the company before us used templates and the same content for their clients. This site has over 140 posts and is there any tools that can check all the blogs to see if its plagiarized or duplicated across the web.

So far I've only found tools that either:
  • Check sitewide for duplicates, but don't check if the content is plagiarized or copied on another external site (Only checks internal duplicates)
  • Checks one page at a time
I'm hoping I don't have to manually copy and paste and check each URL, so just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions.

bcherkezov

Reaction score
You could use copyscape where you think they have sent you a duplicated content and paste part of the it of the whole text if you wish.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
@JasonKhoo, I second what @bcherkezov said. Copyscape does exactly what you are looking for. It often turns up false positives, but it is thorough. I'd suggest using the pay-as-you-go "Premium" version, which lets you do a bulk check. (It's not expensive, and the free version is pretty weak these days.)

Dave DiGregorio

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Copyscape and siteliner are good tools to use. Copyscape to check against other sites, and siteliner to check your own site for dupe content

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Local seo tools and software Local SEO Tools & Software 11
rhowe I'm struggling with what software or tool to use to show results Local SEO Tools & Software 18
G What software was used for this prospecting tool? Consultant's Corner 1
M Has anyone used this tool (software)? Local SEO Tools & Software 6
Linda Buquet Best Local SEO Tools & Software? Top Resources Here Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Linda Buquet Free BrightLocal Webinars - Local SEO Software Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 0
C Comparison of Software Tools Local SEO Tools & Software 5
djbaxter Forum software upgraded Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 0
RobertCarnitas Image Copyright Audit Software Websites, Software, and Security 1
djbaxter Forum software upgrade LSF News and Announcements 1
djbaxter Forum software upgrades March 17-20, 2020 Forum Software Updates and Technical Issues 3
Jens Rank Tracking Software for local results Local SEO Tools & Software 12
Scott ClientClicks Chat software recommendations? Websites, Software, and Security 3
abrandt QUESTION: City-specific / Hyper-specific Citation Software ??? Citations 17
premiumweb Let's talk software. What do you use/recommend? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
J Software Development Companies - Google Doesn't Treat Related Searches as Local Local Search 4
CraigJMount Scheduling Software for Agencies Local SEO Tools & Software 5
juliaannCA Which software do you use for monthly reporting to clients for your agency? Recycle Bin 0
John Vuong Which software do you use for monthly reporting to clients for your agency? Local Search 23
djbaxter A New Look and New Software for the Local Search Forum LSF News and Announcements 14
C Best local lead generation software Recycle Bin 0
H Software to manage customer requests/Orders? Consultant's Corner 0
T How To do SEO for Software Development company Local SEO Tools & Software 2
BaggySEO Local ranking software Local Search 5
M camera software Recycle Bin 0
Ryan77 Best Wordpress Click To Call Software/Solution? Local SEO Tools & Software 4
vivekrpatel Plugin or software for reviews ? Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, etc Local Reviews 3
C Is There Software That Can Do This? Local SEO Tools & Software 12
jvaquino Does anyone know any VPN software that has Ottawa ON IP's? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
Tim Colling Review: Grade.us review management software Local Reviews 5
Mark Warner Need A New Keyword Research Process and Software, Pls Help Local Search 0
J All-In-One solutions? Software to optimise & handle many Local SEO clients Local SEO Tools & Software 3
Linda Buquet Free Keyword Rank Software for Competitive Analysis & Pre-Consultations Local SEO Tools & Software 12
L Local Directory Checkup software? Local SEO Tools & Software 2
djbaxter Forum Software Upgrades Forum Tech Support 23
L Video Software Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Dustybones Semiologic: Anyone have an experience with this wordpress software Local SEO Tools & Software 2
T SEOmoz is now Moz and new local software on the way Local SEO Tools & Software 1
djbaxter Forum software updated Forum Tech Support 2
Chris Ratchford Client/account management software? Consultant's Corner 13
dpmihai Re: Reporting Software Recycle Bin 0
Marie Ysais Local Reporting Software Local SEO Tools & Software 17
R New Reputation Management Software includes Google Review Backups, Alerts ? See Sceen Recycle Bin 0
bethanie Building to Scale with Tools and Whitelabel Services - Seeking: Words of Divine Wisdom Local SEO Tools & Software 1
djbaxter Brightlocal Tool shows Large Google Local Search Algorithm Update March 10, 2021 Google Algorithm Discussions 1
djbaxter New Local SEO tool from BrightLocal: Local Search Grid Local SEO Tools & Software 7
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
shively Microsoft Clarity (Local SEO heatmap tool) Local Search 2
R Free GMB Posting Tool: Postamatic by TwoOctobers.Com Google My Business & Google Maps 0
nathangdavidson Anyone using Google's Marketing Kit tool to promote reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 5