Reaction score
Hi,

I made some edits to a new clients GMB profile, which included adding UTM tracking parameters to their Website address to help track Knowledge Panel and Local Pack/Finder clicks. I made the change originally on 22 January ad if I recall correctly it was approved almost immediately.

But when I click on their profile it still shows as their previous entry for this field - i.e. without UTM parameters.

I just edited the field again - copying and pasting what as there back in again, and it was approved once more, but is still not updating.

Anyone experienced this?

Any advice what to try, or shall I just get in touch with GMB support?

Interestingly, the Appointment field, which I also updated, does show the UTM tracking.

Many thanks for reading.

Nathan

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Interesting, @nathangdavidson. When you log into the GMB dashboard do you see auto-updates? That is, did Google indicate that it left out the UTM parameters?

If not, then a couple things to try are:

1. A public edit. If you PM me the tagged URL I'm glad to fly it up the flagpole and see who salutes it.

2. Disabling the "Request a quote" feature, at least for the moment. Purely a hunch.

Reaction score
Interesting, @nathangdavidson. When you log into the GMB dashboard do you see auto-updates? That is, did Google indicate that it left out the UTM parameters?

If not, then a couple things to try are:

1. A public edit. If you PM me the tagged URL I'm glad to fly it up the flagpole and see who salutes it.

2. Disabling the "Request a quote" feature, at least for the moment. Purely a hunch.
Thanks again Phil, PM sent

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
You might have a 3rd party tool connected to your listing that is overwriting your edits. You can see what apps currently have access to change your account here: Sign in - Google Accounts. Look for things listed under the third-party apps section that say they have access to manage business listings.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
B Website updates: Has anyone noticed increase in rankings to sites regularly updated? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Steve Attarian Has anyone had luck removing a Review by a non customer that gave one star because she noticed that the staff didn't wear masks when she walked by? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
nathangdavidson Anyone noticing reviews not being added to profiles? Local Reviews 5
J Anyone notice these factors on Google Local Search since the update? Local Search 5
Dan Foland Is anyone else noticing Google displaying more consecutive same-site results? Google Algorithm Discussions 6
Cherie Dickey Is anyone else noticing a change to the "Suggest an Edit"? Google News: Important Changes & Features 23
JoyHawkins Anyone Else Noticing Local Results Vanish for Sex-Related Legal Queries? Local Search 17
O Is anyone noticing this or is it just me. Input Please. Google My Business & Google Maps 2
E Has anyone else noticed this when searching on google? Organic SEO 3
J Anyone Notice Major Decreases in Google Maps Traffic Recently? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
nathangdavidson Is anyone able to look into escalating inaction to redressal forms submitted for me please? Spam on Google 3
sixthcitysarah Can anyone recommend a Digital PR agency/freelancer? Local SEO Job Board 3
nathangdavidson Does anyone know if there's a GMB Category for vaccination centre? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
sixthcitysarah Anyone know much on in-page PHP coded redirects? Websites, Software, and Security 1
Wary Goose Anyone used the Business Banking Service GMB Category in the U.S. yet? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
ryannbull We have added a question to our client's Google My Business Q&A section and it keeps disappearing. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Help & Support for Google Local 4
nathangdavidson Anyone using Google's Marketing Kit tool to promote reviews? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Steve Wiideman Does anyone have a Google My Business claiming best practice guide? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
Rich Owings Is anyone having trouble adding users to GMB listings? Help & Support for Google Local 2
Caroline S Maps Results Moving Down The Page? Anyone Else Seeing This ? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
brettmandoes Is anyone having trouble transferring listing ownership to a new account? Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Matthew Summers Anyone else see a big change in "blue links" rankings starting around 5.26.20? Google Algorithm Discussions 0
sixthcitysarah Has anyone received Google Ads credits yet? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 23
Steve Wiideman Anyone Heard of Nearby Now? Websites, Software, and Security 2
Ben Walsh Anyone have any experience with GMB briefcase? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 5
Ben Walsh Anyone else seeing a bunch of pending review statuses in GMB? Local Search 6
Hammer Anyone else get notified that their recent post was taken down (but wasn't)? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
G Renesent Reviews - Anyone Familiar With These Guys? Local Reviews 4
Toby 39 Celsius Any feedback? GMB Profile reported repeatedly...now cannot get anyone to review and reinstate Help & Support for Google Local 4
J Has Anyone Experienced Automatic Suspension After Verifying Location Local Search 6
dave101 Anyone have Good Examples of a GMB listing with a good Q&A section? Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Simon Cox Anyone seen a Stay Verified email from GMB before? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
T Has anyone had success reporting schema spam to google? Spam on Google 5
Chaddow Anyone have experience of using Yandex Business Directory Local Search 18
Chaddow GMB restaurants recent change is anyone else seeing this role out Google My Business & Google Maps 4
sixthcitysarah Anyone seeing changes to URLS, categories, or descriptions reverting out of nowhere? Google My Business & Google Maps 15
M Anyone here doing CPA Marketing with success? Marketing 0
M Anyone else having problems with LocalFalcon autoscans being incomplete? Local SEO Tools & Software 0
dave101 Anyone have experience with optimizing IT Support companies? Service Area Businesses 0
dave101 Anyone a Yext Reseller? Local SEO Tools & Software 8
kathleen.rhodes Does anyone have experience with eClincher for posting to GMB (and social sites)? Local SEO Tools & Software 1
M Anyone here doing Affiliate Marketing please? Marketing 5
S Anyone else seeing huge traffic spikes? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Tim Colling PlePer - is anyone here using it? Local SEO Tools & Software 8
C GMB Bulk Upload Problem - Anyone else with the same issue? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
dave101 Anyone reselling Grade.Us Local Reviews 6
Jen Currier Is anyone else seeing a delay in the publication of responses for Google Reviews? Help & Support for Google Local 0
Chris Ratchford Anyone familiar w/ Advanced Custom Fields (for WordPress)? Consultant's Corner 6