More threads by JamesGreenaway

Reaction score
Hi All,

My client is now the only local approved Volvo retailer for the location "Croydon" just outside London in the UK. The listing is called "Harwoods Volvo Croydon" and has been live for a good while Harwoods Volvo Croydon · Unit 3, Gateway Business Centre Gateway Business Park, Coulsdon CR5 2AR, United Kingdom

The issue we are having is when searching "Volvo Croydon" which is the main search term the old Volvo approved dealer profile is still displayed. Even though the locations is closed and listing has been set to "permanently closed" for over 4 months , I contacted google support asking them to update to show the correct listing but was told they cant influence results. Any ideas on how we get the correct profile to show over the permanently closed listings? Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 17.52.24.jpg

You can try submitting feedback at the bottom of the Knowledge Panel but I'd say the biggest thing that will probably influence this over time is people not clicking on that result for the closed business. I'd encourage people to search and then click the correct dealer (on the left in the organic results) which helps Google learn the closed listing is a bad result. Also getting more reviews and building lots of links to the new dealership will help.

Hi James,

As of recently, users are now able to delete permanently closed listings from the map. You need to report it as "Doesn't exist" and also ensure that the web is cleared out of previous brand references. Fingers crossed :)

Hi James,

As of recently, users are now able to delete permanently closed listings from the map. You need to report it as "Doesn't exist" and also ensure that the web is cleared out of previous brand references. Fingers crossed :)
This would be against Google's policies if it's for a place that existed there at some point.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom