More threads by nathangdavidson

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

Can I ask a quick spam-related GMB question?

I imagine a lot of you will be familiar with the scenario I'm about to relay. I definitely see it happening a lot.

Businesses creating additional GMB properties - at the same address - but using a business name to target important searches (because they know it works).

For example, here's a dentist

A search that's important to them - and my client! - is [invisalign richmond]

And look at this, their other profile, same address (albeit at 12c not 12 Princes Rd)

What's more they've gone to the lengths to create a website for this specific service they provide - which has the appropriate branding on site HOME | Invisalign Richmond Award Winning Clinic Kew

But the Invisalign Richmond profile - this one Invisalign Richmond - Google Search - is a duplicate listing, right?

And as such, for instances like this, I should first "Suggest an edit" (Close or remove > Duplicate of another place) and if that doesn't work complete a redressal form (and again a couple of times after that if they're ignored), and then escalate to a GMB Product Expert etc etc.

Or am I mistaken and this is legit?

Many thanks for hearing me out. If you got this far. That's you.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom