More threads by Weve Got Your Customers

Reaction score
For those who are seeing success (and those that have tried and did not :)), any and all recommendations appreciated. Thank you!

Haven't tried it myself, but I would be wary of duplicate content issues or the content on another site outranking the original site. Personally, I am a proponent of unique content across different domains

If you do decide to try it out, make sure to get a link on the other sites pointing to the original site. With no link, I don't see any point in syndication.

For those who are seeing success (and those that have tried and did not :)), any and all recommendations appreciated. Thank you!

Did SEO on a site that had ~400 syndicated blog posts. I rebuilt the site and deleted every single one, it had no negative impact on rankings.

Syndicated content is usually sold to ALOT of people - plus to avoid duplicate content issues you have to slap a no index on it ... its like it doesn't exist at all.

If it provides some sort of value to your website's users that causes them to convert then yea it could be useful but syndicated content isn't usually high quality.

Haven't tried it myself, but I would be wary of duplicate content issues or the content on another site outranking the original site. Personally, I am a proponent of unique content across different domains

If you do decide to try it out, make sure to get a link on the other sites pointing to the original site. With no link, I don't see any point in syndication.

Agree on all points!

Creating unique content on our clients' sites is a cornerstone piece of our plans.

I have seen others recommend Flipboard, Taboola, etc, but have yet to had anyone confirm this as a strong local SEO strategy.

Thank you for the reply!

Did SEO on a site that had ~400 syndicated blog posts. I rebuilt the site and deleted every single one, it had no negative impact on rankings.

Syndicated content is usually sold to ALOT of people - plus to avoid duplicate content issues you have to slap a no index on it ... its like it doesn't exist at all.

If it provides some sort of value to your website's users that causes them to convert then yea it could be useful but syndicated content isn't usually high quality.

A rel=canonical tag used in place of no index solves the duplicate content issue (unless of course Google chooses to ignore)

Thank you for sharing your site rebuild experience that included deleting the syndicated blog posts!!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom