More threads by NexstarNickR

NexstarNickR

Solutions
Reaction score
I was doing some searching today, and noticed Map Ads showing up when I clicked on the "More Businesses" link at the bottom of the Local Pack / Map Pack on a standard Google Search. However, these weren't Map Ads like I had seen before, they had the Google Guarantee badge, as well as the "##+ Bookings Near You". However, when clicking on them, they just opened the GBP listing, and the phone number listed was different than the LSA phone number.

So, my questions are:
-How do you get these ads to show up?
-Do you need to be part of the LSAs to get these ads?

Initial Search w. LSA Phone Number Shown:
1652374082751.jpg

"More Business" Link Clicked:

1652373878578.jpg

Ad Click w. LSA info but different phone number:
1652374149047.jpg

Solution
You would set up and run these ads directly through Google's Local Service Ads Local Services Ads - Lead Generation for Local Customers.

Providers select the verticals, job types, and locations they service but Google determines what keywords to show the ads for.

So you can do some searches to get an idea of what keywords (e.g. "electrician near me") are triggering the LSA ads to show in a given area but Google does not currently provide a list of those keywords.
Hi @NexstarNickR, so they have been showing LSA ads in the local finder on mobile for a little while now but only recently started testing/showing it more on desktop.

So to answer your questions, you need to be a part of LSAs to get these ads.

To get them to show up all the time just emulate a phone browser and click on the "More Businesses" link and switch back to Desktop view and you'll still see this new layout.

Regarding this point you made:
However, when clicking on them, they just opened the GBP listing, and the phone number listed was different than the LSA phone number.

When you click on them you're still looking at the LSA ad, not the GBP listing. Google uses a bunch of dynamic tracking phone numbers within the LSA ads.

Hi @NexstarNickR, so they have been showing LSA ads in the local finder on mobile for a little while now but only recently started testing/showing it more on desktop.

So to answer your questions, you need to be a part of LSAs to get these ads.

To get them to show up all the time just emulate a phone browser and click on the "More Businesses" link and switch back to Desktop view and you'll still see this new layout.

Regarding this point you made:

When you click on them you're still looking at the LSA ad, not the GBP listing. Google uses a bunch of dynamic tracking phone numbers within the LSA ads.

Thank you, this was quite helpful.

So, what software do I use to run these ads? Is this an ad I need to trigger from the LSA Dashboard? Or are these ads triggered from somewhere else?

As for the phone number, you are correct. I checked the actual business listing (no ad), and that one had a different phone number. So 3 different phone numbers: LSA, LSA Ad on the Maps, and the Business Listing. So yes, that must be a different number also tied to the LSA.

Thank you for the help, and any info on how my members can trigger these ads would be very helpful!

You would set up and run these ads directly through Google's Local Service Ads Local Services Ads - Lead Generation for Local Customers.

Providers select the verticals, job types, and locations they service but Google determines what keywords to show the ads for.

So you can do some searches to get an idea of what keywords (e.g. "electrician near me") are triggering the LSA ads to show in a given area but Google does not currently provide a list of those keywords.

Solution

Ok, so what I am reading is that by having LSAs running for a business will also make them appear here in the Maps, without any additional permissions / spends / etc. No additional action is needed to trigger these ads if you are already showing up in the 3 LSA boxes.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom