More threads by JoyHawkins

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Today one of my colleagues mentioned we're getting email notifications for new Google reviews but when she looks at them, they are from months ago. I'm wondering if Google is restoring old reviews? They made an announcement a few weeks ago saying they were going to do this. Are you guys seeing this as well?

Solution
Today one of my colleagues mentioned we're getting email notifications for new Google reviews but when she looks at them, they are from months ago. I'm wondering if Google is restoring old reviews? They made an announcement a few weeks ago saying they were going to do this. Are you guys seeing this as well?

Yes, it started last Friday and a few of the reviews clearly violate the TOS. I posted about it here. On Sunday google released several more reviews in the early morning hours. Google admitted that errored by being too aggressive in filtering out and removing reviews. Google will restore removed Google reviews
We have seen this, and it seems to relate to reviews left by Local Guides as discussed here.

This may also affect reporting as the Reviews API does not have any way to sort by the latest reviews.

Yes, it started last Friday and a few of the reviews clearly violate the TOS. I posted about it here. On Sunday google released several more reviews in the early morning hours. Google admitted that errored by being too aggressive in filtering out and removing reviews. Google will restore removed Google reviews

Solution
Yep, I've seen two cases of this in the last week now. Old review that must have been filtered now appearing and looking like it's new.

Same. A client had a spammer's review from 1 month ago, appear 2 days ago. I did note that this spammer has Local Guide status. That seems to comport with what I've read in forums re reinstating local guide reviews which were taken down during the great review purge of 2022.

Yes, we have. The lag time has been 8–10 weeks. Reviews left around New Year's started showing up a couple weeks ago.

I also have seen several reviews when filtering on un-responded in our reputation dashboard. I noticed that several reviews from the previous month had no response. 9 out of 10 were local guides when I looked into it.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom