Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
I'm seeing the ability to assign "managers" from the Google Places for Business dashboard (new dashboard). Is this manager assignment happening from the social side, and if so, would this cause complications down the road?

I'm having a lot of clients add me as a manager to the Google Places page, rather than giving me the original log-in to optimize the page. I know in the past this was not best practice. Have the bugs finally been worked out?

Reaction score
I had that with one client that is having a tough time ranking in local but doing okay is organic. I have removed all the managers and just left the owner to see if that would help the ranking. So far after 3 weeks there doesn't appear to be much of a difference. I have also found that once you add someone as a manager they can also manage the Google+ page and YouTube Channel if they are linked.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score

Eric Rohrback

Reaction score
Thanks Linda. I've always been on the cautious side since i've known about the buggy nature in the past. Thanks for the help.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Barb Davids Photo Category Being Auto Assigned Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Dustybones The Google Scoring Engine: Assigning Rank to Social Signals and the People that Share Local Search 3
Chandra What is the state of reputation management in SEO and marketing? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
0 Primary Owner hospitalized and has a stroke. Need to add myself as a manager. Verifying via phone calls only grants me Site Manager access. Help & Support for Google Local 2
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
E Issues with managing business pages on Facebook Citations 3
Colan Nielsen NEW Free Apple Listing Management For Brands With 20+ Locations LSF News and Announcements 0
P Add locations to a bulk verified account as a manager - is it possible? Multi-Location Issues 2
Eoghan_MFeed Looking for a SaaS but more importantly Local Search experienced product managers 🔍 Local SEO Job Board 0
Caroline Reputation Management Local Reviews 2
N Looking for help to gain access to manage a GMB profile? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
P Hiring Expert PPC/SEM Manager - DFW area Local SEO Job Board 0
Bryan Bloom Remote Content Manager/Planner/Editor 🎯 Local SEO Job Board 0
F Flagged Account Management? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L GMB Manager, two new accounts suspended on one day Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A GasBuddy Local Listing Management Citations 1
Adam C. Google Local Services Ads Management / Setup Paid Search and Local Service Ads 13
N Creating new location groups, does it affect other owners/managers' views? Multi-Location Issues 2
RobertCarnitas Help Needed: Export/Copy List of Facebook Pages Managed Mobile & Social 4
K Gaining Access to Listing as a Site Manager Local Search 7
Chad Fake, Negative Reviews & Reputation Management - A Personal Experience Recycle Bin 0
EmilyW Manager/owner account suspended? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen GMB Adds "Manage insurance info for your practice" Section to Guidelines Google My Business & Google Maps 2
D Manage listings directly from Search results? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
LocalSEOLondon Covid 19 delays to GMB Manager invites being sent? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
keyserholiday Google My Business Management Tool from CitationBuilder Pro LSF News and Announcements 2
RFKSolutions Mass GMB Suspensions relating to Google Manager Access? Google My Business & Google Maps 10
Mmclean07 What’s the best tool for managing a client listings? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Rasmus Himmelstrup Removal of "Manage This Listing" - not possible? Multi-Location Issues 3
K Request to Manage GMB Listing as Site Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 6
J New Manager Added but can't see Listings NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
MonicaH 'Failed to accept invitation' error when invited to manage GMB Help & Support for Google Local 4
profjoeyg Google/YouTube Properties management Consultant's Corner 4
lancemoore22 Transferring GMB ownership (when the manager) Google My Business & Google Maps 3
T Old Marketing Company Switches Us To Site Managers Google My Business & Google Maps 2
C Good Review Request Management Platform? Local Reviews 2
JoshuaMackens "Manage This Listing (?)" On GMB Local Search 2
iFuse Hiring a Local Paid Search Manager Local SEO Job Board 0
Colan Nielsen [GMB Bug Alert] Listings Not in GMB After Accepting Manager Invite Local Search 5
CandidmomVic Where to locate all my GMB that I manage? Multi-Location Issues 6
Cordell Crowley Google Showing "Businesses You Manage" in search results? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen Google My Business Management Service from Whitespark LSF News and Announcements 15
Mark Rose GMB Management Required Consultant's Corner 2
Yan Gilbert Free Webinar: How to Sell and Deliver Reputation Management to Clients Events 0
E Noticing lots of real estate listings worldwide now displayed with "manage this listing" rather then "claim this business" Local Search 0
hajnasiewicz Suggest an edit · Manage this listing Help & Support for Google Local 4
freerunr Verbiage on Unclaimed GMB pages: "Own this business?" (KP) / "Claim this business" (Maps) vs. "Manage this listing" Google My Business & Google Maps 23
T GMB Agency - accept manager invitation error Help & Support for Google Local 6
Chaddow Issue with a location I manage and a transit stop Google My Business & Google Maps 8
A i would like to speak to you regarding google my business listings and future seo management for my company Contact Us Messages 3