JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
On August 12, 2018, the BBB launched an update on the way their profiles were displayed. From their email about it:

"Updated BBB Business Profiles will now display individual Customer Reviews on a 1 to 5 star scale. Profiles also display an Average Star Rating based only on individual Customer Reviews: this replaced the former Composite Star Score, which was based on both BBB ratings and review factors. At the same time, the URL for each Business Profile now uses a more SEO-friendly structure, with the goal of enhancing your Profile’s online visibility. We encourage you to place BBB’s Dynamic Customer Review Seal on your website and link it to your BBB Business Profile; this invites customers to file legitimate reviews with BBB based on their genuine customer experience with your company. "

I think this is a great change. I had previously wrote about how the composite star score was confusing

In one of the examples from the article it showed 4.06 out of 5 for this business.
BBB Reviews Before.png

Now that same business has a 1 star average (yikes).

BBB After.jpg

BBB Reviews Before.png

BBB After.jpg

Reaction score
Wow Joy, this is indeed a big deal. Thanks for sharing!

From our data, BBB is a high volume destination for many of our customers and their clients when given the option of Google, FB, Yelp, BBB, Trust Pilot, or other industry specific review sites.

So this change will have a high value impact for Grade.us customers and their clients.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Rich Owings Interesting BBB stats Ranking Puzzles 5
JoyHawkins New Dynamic BBB Logo Citations 7
djbaxter Google: BBB or Other Trust Building Sites not used for Ranking Organic SEO 12
Colan Nielsen BBB Live Chat Feature Local Search 2
R BBB Review Product - Any Experience with this? Local Reviews 5
G Backlinks like local BBB and local area chambers of commerce worth paying for? Local Search 25
L BBB Accreditation, worth it? Consultant's Corner 13
bniebler BBB Nofollows All Links to Businesses Local Search 9
C Has the BBB Discontinued "Free" Listings - Better Business Bureau Local Search 3
Linda Buquet BBB Accreditation: Boring But Bumps Your Local SEO - Phil Rozek Local Search 14
Linda Buquet Local Citation Cleanup Hack Using the BBB - V8 Moment! Citations 2
djbaxter How vulnerability makes you a better leader Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
MatGee Adding Make Appointment Button to GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S What makes a great Home/Landing Page in Local? Local Search 6
NickB-Tampa Why does Google keep updating changing the main category on our listings to ones that don't make as much sense? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
Hanzel What would you do to make it in the Google 3 pack for "Personal Injury Lawyers" in Louisville Local Search 5
J How to make someone else admin without losing access? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
lukeelliott Wanted to make a forum post about DNI call tracking. Contact Us Messages 1
L Making a lot of changes Google My Business & Google Maps 1
H Vent: Companies are making it harder to invoice Consultant's Corner 9
M Does it make sense to backlink from local citations.... Local Search 7
W Offsite changes to make after switching to SSL Google My Business & Google Maps 35
Zhivko What makes a directory valuable? Citations 26
C Any Evidence Structured Data Schema Makes A Difference? Local Search 3
Ross Barefoot Clients are driving me to make memes Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
KevinWag Exposing address make a difference in getting map pin for SABs? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Character Examination Paper: How to Make Your Most loved Saints Come Nearer Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Make Google Chrome Show HTTP and WWW Again in Address Bar Websites, Software, and Security 0
djbaxter Popular SEO Beliefs That Make No Sense At All Organic SEO 21
djbaxter Google Speed Update: If you have a fast site, making it faster won't boost rankings Organic SEO 3
Eric Shanfelt VIDEO TIP: How to Make a Direct Google Reviews Link Local Reviews 4
Garrett Sussman Want Amazing Reviews? Make a Face-to-Face Request Local Reviews 2
Garrett Sussman Make Sure Your Brand is Telling the Same Story as Your Reviews Local Reviews 6
djbaxter Negative reviews that make you go "Wait. What?" Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
J Facebook?s Places Graph makes 140 million locations available to developers Mobile & Social 4
Travis Van Slooten How to Make an Address Change to Claimed Google Listing (with no access to it) Google My Business & Google Maps 7
R My business not visible in maps after making changes in mapmaker to add suite number Local Search 7
Scott ClientClicks Using mapmaker to remove business name spam. Does a DBA make it OK? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
pbarnhart "Explore" feature in new Google maps makes some interesting recommendations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Linda Buquet Hot Mini Local Linkbuilding Roundup - Ideas to Make Life Easier Local Search 2
djbaxter Google: Continuing to make the web more mobile friendly Mobile & Social 1
Linda Buquet Making Sense of the Google Adwords Changes for Local Businesses Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
James Watt Locksmith spam makes New York Times again Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet Local Video SEO Making You Craz-EO? Here are some tips Marketing 0
Dustybones Mercury In Retrograde Makes us Mad for a few weeks. Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
Dustybones 4 Ways To Make A Patient Friendly Practitioner Page Local Search 3
djbaxter WordPress Plugins to Make your Site Mobile Responsive Mobile & Social 3
djbaxter Social Media Makes Up Nearly A Third Of All Referral Traffic Mobile & Social 6
Gsmithmike Dedicated Local IP? - Does IP make any differences in ranking? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Google makes Global Address Changes Google My Business & Google Maps 3