More threads by kkielty

kkielty

Reaction score
Hi, in an effort to get better tracking for my customer I put the GMB link for the website as:
www.website-name.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=local ...so the analytics will attribute the source as google local verses the large general google organic source. My question is: Is this going to hurt my citation score?; since all the other directories are going to show the link back to the website as: www.website-name.com.
Part two of the question is if it does not hurt can I do the same for the website link on all the other directory profiles, such as yelp, bing, etc?

Hey there, both of those scenarios are totally fine and won't cause any harm whatsoever. Track away!

Agree with Colan this is the way to do it and shouldn't see any issues whatsoever. Visibility into the source for online leads and revenue in Google Analytics is so much clearer since we began this about a year ago.

You could use # instead of ? in the URL. That means it's technically the same page.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom