CodyBaird

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am preparing for a review presentation that I have next week. I was wondering if any of you could point me in the right direction; ?reviews? slide decks, studies, articles, or ideas that you would be willing to share that will add to my presentation? It would be cool if you shared why you think its relevant or best.

PS I will be creating a post on our site after and will reference and link to what is shared.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Re: Best Review Articles, Ideas, Slide Decks, Studies & Why

Hey Cody,

Here are some of my favorite posts / resources:
  • 5 Ways Negative Reviews are Good for Business - Matt McGee
  • Principles for a Review Plan: Considerations in Encouraging Customer Reviews - Mike Blumenthal
  • 8 Ways to Recognize Fake Google Reviews - Nyagoslav
  • Review Management: 7 Tips on Avoiding Bad Reviews - Mike Blumenthal
  • Ultimate Guide to Finding Filtered Reviews on Google Places/Google Plus - Joy Hawkins
  • Whitespark’s Review Handout Generator (based on my design, which I custom-make and sell)
  • The “Review Stream” feature at Grade.us is pretty nice

And in the caboose, a few of my posts on reviews:
  • 60+ Questions to Troubleshoot and Fix Your Local Reviews Strategy
  • How to Know If Your Local Reviews Strategy Works
  • Mining Your Online Reviews: 25 Nuggets You Can Use to Get More Local Customers
  • 16 Reasons to Get Reviews on a Diversity of Sites
  • How to Execute the Perfect Local Reviews Strategy
  • Which Local Review Sites Are on Your Side?

(Feel free to email me if you’d like even more. Just a few greatest hits.)

CodyBaird

Reaction score
Wow dude! Nice list. You basically did all the curating & home work for me. Cliffs Notes has nothing on Phil's Notes.

I haven't read more than 1/2 of these posts!

Thanks for taking the time on your Saturday. You saved me from my typical procrastination, cramming the night before an assignment is due.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Re: Best Review Articles, Ideas, Slide Decks, Studies & Why

Haha I was coming to say, just check Phil's RSS feed for any post with the word review in it because they are all good!

I just scanned our review forum here for some of the latest good ones.

Found this REALLY cool one by Miriam on Whitespark:
<a href="http://www.whitespark.ca/blog/post/69-how-to-do-review-audits-that-turn-clients-worst-reviews-into-actionable-solutions">How To Do Review Audits That Turn Clients’ Worst Reviews Into Actionable Solutions</a>

If you are going to talk about the dangers of fake reviews, here is a good one:
Amazon Sues 1,114 Fiverr Users For Offering To Write Fake Product Reviews

Phil Rozek

Local Search Expert
Solutions
Reaction score

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Yep I get DB error too.

They must take Sunday, off unlike some of us, so have not noticed.
I'll shoot her an email.

CodyBaird

Reaction score
Re: Best Review Articles, Ideas, Slide Decks, Studies &amp; Why

Awesome List of Stats Margaret! Thank you so much for gathering them up and sharing!

---------- Post Merged at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Awesome List of Stats Margaret! Thank you so much for gathering them up and sharing!

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Re: Best Review Articles, Ideas, Slide Decks, Studies &amp; Why

Sorry guys we have a forum bug that keeps double posting. So Cody did not do that the forum did. :eek:

Cody you didn't really mention who your audience is or what direction you are coming from in your talk. But I'm working on an interesting review post right now. Will be done soon.

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
djbaxter Best review ever? Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
Tony Wang Duplicate Review - Best Reason to Flag? Local Reviews 1
B Flagging Bad Reviews By Same Person - Best Practice? Local Reviews 1
PaulSteinbrueck Best Practices for Getting "Recommended" Yelp Reviews? Local Reviews 16
JoyHawkins What Are the Best Examples You've Seen of Terrible Owner Responses to Reviews? Local Reviews 35
N Fake Reviews Best Practices Local Search 5
Garrett Sussman Hug Your (Online Review) Haters: Tips From Jay Baer's Best Selling Book Local Reviews 4
billbean Best Responses to Negative Customer Reviews Local Reviews 9
Linda Buquet ▶ Best Review Sites 2015 - Video Interview with Phil Rozek via Martin Shervington Local Reviews 0
Linda Buquet Review Gif - Share their Best Google Reviews in a Gif in a Jiffy! Local Reviews 9
L Best Citation Sites to Update & Obtain Reviews On Local Search 8
N The best way to get a review after a job? Local Reviews 11
A Best way to handle negative reviews left by competitor? Local Reviews 13
Linda Buquet Turn BAD Online Reviews into your Best PR Tool Local Search 0
FriarTuck00 Best Practice for a Business that is Still Operational but Everyone Works Remotely? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
david.victor GMB Q&A vs your website's FAQ - Best Practices? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
A Guest Post Outreach - What is the best method? Local Search 5
AdvoAd How to best handle 10+ locations on website Websites, Software, and Security 4
david.victor Best SEO/GMB Reporting Tools for Outreach? Consultant's Corner 4
S Best Tips for Organic Traffic Organic SEO 3
abbiebeltran Amway or Avon - Best Practice Google My Business Service Area Businesses 3
G Best Practice for GMB Service Areas? Service Area Businesses 2
A Best Method to Check sites All Scenarios? Websites, Software, and Security 1
Ben Walsh Best keywords to use for geogrid ranking maps Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
RattlingTram Best Practices for areaServed Schema Markup? Help & Support for Google Local 5
Michael S. Doran Multiple Locations Best Practices Local Search 3
Ben Walsh Best way to contact the GMB team for duplicates, etc., at the moment? All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
P Creating Content Silo to improve Category Page (Best Practice Query) Local Content 1
Steve Wiideman Does anyone have a Google My Business claiming best practice guide? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
raellovepie 1 Address - 9 Confirmed Listings | Best way to report? Spam on Google 5
P Claiming 100 locations on Google Maps - what's the best approach? Multi-Location Issues 4
F Best Way to Remove a Practitioner Listing Google Duplicates & Merges 3
Tyler Hammer The Best Aggregator? Citations 3
Ben Walsh Call Tracking best practices Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 3
Ben Walsh Latest Best Practices For Dynamic Tracking with CallRail? Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1
Nick 11 Best Name To Use In GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 3
mattrigg Best Practice - Content Assets and Linking Local Content 3
P Best Navigation for eCommerce and link sculpting Query Google Algorithm Discussions 3
J What is the best reporting tool for Local SEO Local SEO Tools & Software 10
Conor Treacy Best Method of Reporting Virtual Offices in Maps Service Area Businesses 4
Nathan_NZ How to best set-up a Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 2
M SAB Moving - Best Practices for 2020 Recycle Bin 0
Mmclean07 What’s the best tool for managing a client listings? Local SEO Tools & Software 7
Caroline S Best Practices For Submitting Spam Edits On Google Maps? Spam on Google 2
JaredCaraway Another business is using my client's name - best course of action? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A SAB Moving - Best Practices for 2020 Moving or Name Changes 2
Tim Colling Category spam - Best way to get them changed? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
MonicaH SAB moving from primary target location to non-target location - best way to handle GMB? Moving or Name Changes 4
Annika Neudecker GMB UTM best practices for chains? Multi-Location Issues 2
Travis Van Slooten Best On Going Training for Local SEO Consultants? Consultant's Corner 4