djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Beyond Responsive Design: How to Optimize Your Website for Mobile Users
by Will DeKrey, HubSpot Blog
June 8, 2015

"Building a mobile-friendly website is step one, but ... you [also] have to infuse your marketing strategy with a 'mobile mindset'..."

Imagine the experience of Sally, a young marketer who has just moved to Chicago. While out for a walk, Sally passes by a hair salon and realizes she needs a haircut. She pulls out her phone a search for hairstylists in Chicago who specialize in curls and color. Her Google search pops up Joann?s Stylez. She flips through the website quickly and wants to research more but it?s too hard while on the move -- so she emails herself a link. When she gets home, she uses her tablet to quickly check Yelp reviews, examine her calendar, and then book an appointment using the simple form on the Joann?s website. When Sally loads up her laptop later that night to check her email, she discovers an email from Joann?s that confirms her appointment and gives her the option to add it to her calendar. The next day, 30 minutes before her appointment, she receives a push notification on her work computer reminding her of the appointment. The next day Sally receives an email asking for feedback on the cut and offering to set up a recurring appointment at a discounted rate. She?s sold.

Sally?s experience is illustrative of the cross-device journey that many customers now make as they move through the marketing funnel: 75% of US online adults use 2+ devices connected to the internet, and 67% have switched devices while completing common tasks, according to Forrester.

Consumers now expect this type of experience from all of their digital interactions. They want to be able to accomplish whatever fits their fancy on whatever device is at hand. This means that simply adapting your site to look nice on different devices is not enough. As a marketer, you must dig deeper into your customers? and prospects? lives.

Read more...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
virens Other's experience signing up/starting LSAs from the UK and beyond (now that the UK is in the list) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Beyond Menu Hijacked GMB and Google Plus Account. Google My Business & Google Maps 21
Tim Sweeney Directory Site In 2016 and Beyond Consultant's Corner 6
Garrett Sussman Look Beyond the Stars (Your Customers Do) - The Value of Review Written Content Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Technical Local SEO: Beyond Schema - Semantic Search Strategy Local Search 3
M G+ listing/map not being cross-referenced with cities beyond city of actual address Help & Support for Google Local 1
JoyHawkins Get Custom Responses to Online Reviews Local Reviews 3
djbaxter Passage based rankings, core web vitals, responsive search ads: A rant Google Algorithm Discussions 0
Nicole Basham No response from GMB Support after a month despite following up Help & Support for Google Local 2
hollykaufman Google Review Responses Missing Local Reviews 2
WAHamilton How long is it taking you to get a response from Google Support? Help & Support for Google Local 16
S GMB suspension with weird response Google My Business & Google Maps 5
J Is GMB For Reinstatement and Suspended Listings Not Responsive? Google My Business & Google Maps 12
K Keywords in Review Response Local Reviews 5
Tim Colling VERY quick response to three reinstatement requests Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Niki Gross Edit Q&A Response as Owner Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Jen Currier Is anyone else seeing a delay in the publication of responses for Google Reviews? Help & Support for Google Local 0
djbaxter Google: Don't disavow bad links unless you are responsible for those links Organic SEO 7
H Yelp wont allow review responses unless you have a profile photo with a face Local Reviews 4
JoyHawkins Is Mobile-First Indexing Responsible for Recent Algorithm Updates? Google Algorithm Discussions 3
JoyHawkins What Are the Best Examples You've Seen of Terrible Owner Responses to Reviews? Local Reviews 35
djbaxter In British Columbia, client held responsible for unfair negative reviews Local Reviews 1
rosie.brightlocal Open Now for Responses: BrightLocal's Local Search Industry Survey Local Search 2
Garrett Sussman Which one is worse? Generic vs. Authentic Responses to Negative Reviews Local Reviews 5
Chaddow Strange things happening with review responses around the world Google My Business & Google Maps 13
A Unique Verification Creates Circular Response Google My Business & Google Maps 8
billbean Best Responses to Negative Customer Reviews Local Reviews 9
Susan 51% say High Local Rankings Deliver Greater Response than Organic - BrightLocal.com Local Search 2
djbaxter WordPress Plugins to Make your Site Mobile Responsive Mobile & Social 3
Chris Ratchford Is this an appropriate response to a bad review? Local Reviews 8
kellylarson Responsive sites rank higher? Mobile & Social 12
Linda Buquet Are SEOs Destroying Small Businesses? SEO Ethics and SMB Responsibility Local Search 0
C Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Suite # Address Format - A Google Employee Response NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 14
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5
snysarah Sitewide design element w/ text = duplicate content? Local Content 2
SteinCoffee How to design content strategy to avoid filtering? Organic SEO 1
JoshuaMackens Website Design Companies Consultant's Corner 11
J Removing an Erroneous "Located In:" designation on a G Page Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Ray Litvak Should Local SEO Experts know web design (HTML/WP)? Consultant's Corner 6
D Adding Maps designation for a hospital campus? Help & Support for Google Local 13
L Visual Content Tools & Graphic Resources for Local Search, Web Design & Social Local Content 2
Linda Buquet Visual Content Tools & Graphic Resources for Local Search, Web Design & Social Local Content 2
Linda Buquet Designing The Perfect Local Landing Page - Free Guide and Template Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Web & Graphic Design Resources for the Non-Creative Local SEO Mind Marketing 0
mborgelt Google And Your Business Forum - Totally Re-Designed Google My Business & Google Maps 7
djbaxter Convert Existing HTML Site Design To A WordPress Theme In 10 Seconds Websites, Software, and Security 5
ColoradoChris Website design Is Wordpress or HTML Static site best for Local SEO Local Search 10
G How much does bad website design affect SEO? Local Search 7
Amber Robinson Calling all Designers! Consultant's Corner 2