More threads by Linda Buquet

Re: Bing Launches New "Places for Business" Dashboard. Can you say Copy Cat?

It was from a live support convo, and yes both Live chat and email support are still available.

Thanks again for the mention on this, Linda.

Here is one major downside to the new Bing Places

So if an existing unclaimed listing has the wrong business name, but you want to claim that business entity, the process is to reach out to Bing Support, ask them to remove the incorrect listing, then create and verify a new listing.

In addition, they informed me that they are taking into consideration feedback from customers. You better believe I informed them that this is a very unfortunate inconvenience for businesses that change names frequently (such as law firms). So for those who would like to see a change to this policy, I recommend providing feedback to Bing via the following email: placesfeedback@microsoft.com. (Bing Support gave permission for me to share this email address in this venue).

Has anyone else experienced trouble updating listings outside of the US? I recently logged into a Canadian client's account and when I go to update the listing, it won't let me save because of an error. It is now requiring me to enter a US State and at the very top it has the United States listed as the location with no place to save.

Wondering if anyone else has run into this issue with the new Bing Places Dashboard?

Screenshot from my dashboard below.

Bing Capture.PNG

The only Bing Local we seem to have here in the UK is something called here.com which is actually run by Nokia.

The categories are extremely limited - there isn't one for jeweller at all. Try to find someone to contact to ask? Nothing doing.

In the UK, Google has pretty much complete domination when it comes to Local search.

Just got email from Bing...

Bing-SMB_Places-for-Business_EmailHeader_600x245.png
Dear Linda,

As a current Bing Business Portal user, we wanted to make you aware of some recent changes. First, Bing Business Portal is now Bing Places for Business. Here?s an overview of what you can expect from this new experience:

New and existing features
? Easily claim and verify your business listing.
? Add images and details such as hours of operation, parking options, and accepted payment methods.
? NEW! Add links to videos.

Changed features
? For now, you?ll no longer be able to create Daily Deals or coupon offers. Any offers you had running are no longer public.
? The options to create collateral, QR codes, and a free mobile website have been discontinued for the time being.

See it now
Sign in today to see the new Places for Business and enhance your listing.

Thank you for using Places for Business.

Sincerely,

The Bing Places for Business Team

Sheesh how many times can you say "Places for Business"?
Do you think they've drilled it into our heads that the new name is Places for Business?

Copy cats! :(

Bing-SMB_Places-for-Business_EmailHeader_600x245.png

In addition, they informed me that they are taking into consideration feedback from customers. You better believe I informed them that this is a very unfortunate inconvenience for businesses that change names frequently (such as law firms). So for those who would like to see a change to this policy, I recommend providing feedback to Bing via the following email: placesfeedback@microsoft.com. (Bing Support gave permission for me to share this email address in this venue).

Thank you for this. I've just sent an inquiry asking why there appears to be no option for listing business outside the US.

Bing launches this and Bing launches that. Nevertheless, from the point of view of someone living in Europe, as long Bing Local stays US restricted, they will be way behind Google, Nokia a.o. companies, and not worth taking into account.

UK-Search_Engine_Market_April-2013.jpg

I think this says it all in the UK... via the E Word

UK-Search_Engine_Market_April-2013.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom