More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted yet or not. But I got a couple screenshots of the new Places dashboard... pretty cool-

Before I claimed listing:
2013-04-29_16-05-29.jpg

Verifying:

2013-04-29_16-05-42.png

2013-04-29_16-07-20.jpg

Verified:

2013-04-29_16-08-53.jpg

Listing Insights:

2013-04-29_16-11-55.jpg

NOTE- This was one of my first clients- which I claimed his GP listing with my Google account- about 2-3 years ago.

Today I claimed his G+L Biz page (with the client's G+ account) and Google automatically transferred the Google Places listing (with all the pictures) to the new G+L Biz page.

:D

2013-04-29_16-05-29.jpg

2013-04-29_16-05-42.png

2013-04-29_16-07-20.jpg

2013-04-29_16-08-53.jpg

2013-04-29_16-11-55.jpg

I hadn't seen the new layout - at least not in all that detail. Thanks a bunch, Chris!

NOTE- This was one of my first clients- which I claimed his GP listing with my Google account- about 2-3 years ago.

Today I claimed his G+L Biz page (with the client's G+ account) and Google automatically transferred the Google Places listing (with all the pictures) to the new G+L Biz page.

:D

Thanks Chris, nice shots!

Just to clarify, you had the G+ Local page claimed in an account for 2 to 3 years and today you went and re-claimed the G+ Local page in the clients G+ account?

I think I'm just thrown off because you say G+ L Biz page. By G+ Local Biz page are you referring to a pure G+ Local page?

Thanks Chris for all the screenshots!

There are quite a few screenshots in the original announcement I did here too: http://localsearchforum.catalystema...r-update-new-google-places-dashboard-all.html

I've been trying to make time to get back into my test account to take some more.

Just to clarify, you had the G+ Local page claimed in an account for 2 to 3 years and today you went and re-claimed the G+ Local page in the clients G+ account?

I think I'm just thrown off because you say G+ L Biz page. By G+ Local Biz page are you referring to a pure G+ Local page?

I'm scratching my head a little too. I think he means he verified/merged the G+ Business page and everything from the Place page transferred to the G+ Business page???

But what I don't get is when the new dashboard came into play. Did you have the new dashboard when it was just a Place page? Then did you set up the G+ page from the NEW dash? Or did merging the G+ page give you the new dash??? OR???

I had my first account merge today with no other action. Just went to check the stats and Voila, the new dashboard was in place. None of my other clients are updated.

@Colan,

Originally, I claimed client's Google Places page (under my Google account)

I've wanted to move his listing out of my account for months- but haven't because he ranked in the 7 pack (didn't want to delete listing and start from scratch).

The client asked about his Google Places listing and wanted access. So I thought now is the best time to create a separate Google account for the client and create a Google+ Local Business page (through the Google+ account).

As you know when you create a Google+ Business page that is local, Google will match up the Google Places page to the Google+ Business page.

Gotta love Google and their cluster F of these stupid names ;)

---------- Post Merged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Did you have the new dashboard when it was just a Place page? Then did you set up the G+ page from the NEW dash? Or did merging the G+ page give you the new dash??? OR???

I'm not gonna even try to go through that maze! :D

So, let's just identify a few definitions for my post.

Google+ Local page = Rebranded Google Places
Google+ Business page = the business brand pages that aren't associated with Google Places

So, what you're saying is your personal account was attached to the Google Places listing for your client.

Your client wanted access to his Google Places listing so you created a new Google account and then created a Google+ Business page for him.

Then, when it asked you to choose what listing the Google+ Business page was associated with, you chose the Google Places listing and then it all merged into the new dashboard with no verification? Or did you have to phone verify?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom