djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bing URL Submissions Plugin For WordPress
by Barry Schwartz, Search Engine Roundtable
July 2, 2020

Bing announced a new WordPress plugin that integrates your WordPress site with the Bing Webmaster Tools URL submission API. In short, the plugin looks for new and updated content and automatically submits it to Bing for fast indexing.

Most of you who run larger CMS platforms probably have already integrated your sites with the Bing Webmaster Tools URL submission API. I did here, took an hour or so to get live. But if you do not have the technical capabilities of doing so, you can just grab this WordPress plugin that is powered and supported by the Bing team.

Bing said the Bing URL Submission Plugin for WordPress enables automated submission of URLs from WordPress sites to the Bing index. Once installed and configured with an API key obtained from Bing Webmaster portal, the plugin detects page creation/update in WordPress and automatically submits the URL behind the scenes ensuring that the site pages are always fresh in the Bing index.

This plugin also supports:
  • The ability to toggle the automatic submission feature on and off.
  • Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
  • View list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
  • Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
  • Download recent URL submissions for analysis.

Read more...

djbaxter

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bing URL Submission WordPress Plugin Outreach After Indexing Issues
by Barry Schwartz, Search Engine Roundtable
Jul 29, 2020

Microsoft Bing is sending emails to some site owners after installing the new URL submission WordPress plugin. The email is to let these site owners know of a "large number of failures in submission of URLs" to the Bing index. This is leading to searchers "not seeing your domain on priority in the index." This does not sound great but it seems Bing is on top of it.

Microsoft is offering to "help and debug any problems" that they are running into " so as to allow our search engine to index your content and provide additional relevant traffic to your site," Bing said. ....

Frédéric Dubut from Microsoft confirmed this is a legit email from the team, he said on Twitter "PMs are reaching out directly to webmasters when we detect some of these issues. They're looking particularly for issues related to the WP plugin since it's been launched just recently."

It seems like this is not causing ranking issues for content already indexed by Bing but an issue with new URLs that Bing has not yet indexed through this plugin.

Read more...

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
F Bing Local URLs Local Search 6
MKubot Help with Bing Clean Up Google Local 101 1
djbaxter Microsoft Bing: 15% Of Searches Are Misspelled So Speller100 To The Rescue Organic SEO 1
NickB-Tampa How can I unsync Google My Business from my Bing Places listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
raellovepie Bing Places (Canada) - Add Special Hours Local Search 1
brownaddesign Help with Bing Places - Accidently imported all our GMB listings Local Search 3
hajnasiewicz Bing Places for Business: add Administrator Local Content 4
hajnasiewicz Bing Places for Business Local Search 3
Peter Hill How to get through to Bing support? Citations 9
Andrew Scherer Google's Structured Data Testing Tool axed... Bing's Alternative Local Search 1
E BING - Claiming existing listings causes a DUPE? Citations 3
Rich Owings Bing Places error Citations 4
Annika Neudecker Microsoft forcing Office ProPlus users to Bing Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
MKubot How do you handle spam on BING? Spam on Google 5
JoyHawkins When did Bing Places Remove the Option to Add Categories? Local Search 5
W eLocal hijacked my Bing Listing Local Search 12
Somsenater Import data from Google My Business in Bing Places for Business Local Search 11
djbaxter Bing Street View car on Family Guy Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 3
P GMB Verses Bing Places - Can I use the same content for both & can inconsistancy between the two harm rankings? Google Local 101 4
AndySimpson Bing Places - Get our latest Android app, coming soon for iOS Local Search 1
Creativedge Solo practitioner listings on Yelp/Yahoo/Bing Local Search 14
C Directories That Accept Citation Without Street Address? (Besides Google & Bing) Local Search 0
O Bing Ranking Local Search 2
HangTenSEO Adding Managers/Admins To Bing Places? Local Search 0
vivekrpatel Plugin or software for reviews ? Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, etc Local Reviews 3
heckler Bing Volatility Organic SEO 1
Scott Rawlins Bing Listings No Longer Showing Descriptions Citations 0
djbaxter Bing Mobile Friendliness Test Tool Mobile & Social 0
M PPC with Bing Consultant's Corner 7
heckler Increases in Bing traffic referred? Organic SEO 0
travelincat Bing Local Support? Consultant's Corner 2
Dustybones Why Bing is Behind Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
B Citation Building - Include Bing Places & Apple Maps? Citations 1
S Bing Local Bulk Upload & Multi Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
Scott Rawlins Bing Local Bulk Upload & Multi Locations Multi-Location Issues 1
djbaxter Stop Ignoring Bing Webmaster Tools Organic SEO 5
Dustybones SMX: Google and Bing have different views on HTTPS Local Search 0
R Bing gaining on search with Google Local Search 1
Ray Litvak Bing & Yahoo Optimization (Local & Organic) Local Search 0
travelincat Country Listing For Bing Local & Yahoo Local? Local Search 3
djbaxter Bing on Link Fixation Organic SEO 1
Colan Nielsen Bing Places Duplicates - How To Deal With Them Local Search 0
Linda Buquet How to Dominate the Entire First Page of Bing #SEW Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Bing it On! Step-by-Step Guide to Bing Places Local Search 1
Jo Shaer Bing Local In UK, Canada, India and Germany Local Search 8
Linda Buquet Bing Launches New "Places for Business" Dashboard. Can you say Copy Cat? Local Search 27
G Bing Loves Me & Google Hates Me - Ticked by Google Search Results Local Search 7
djbaxter April Fool's Day Bing(nam) Style Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 1
djbaxter Bing: Evolving Search on Facebook Organic SEO 1
djbaxter Bing criticizes Google Organic SEO 1