More threads by Mindquest

Reaction score
Used BrightLocal to submit a client to the 4 data aggregators. For the most part citation building is manual.

Since this was a one time cost/ service to push to the aggregators, is there any best practices that say I need to repeat this process with BrightLocal every year to keep things fresh and consistent?

I guess this question would be the same if I manually submitted to the four data aggregators.

We used them for this for one year for a client that had wrong data. We didn't renew it but Acxiom reverted to how it was before. If you don't plan on renewing, I would suggest you make sure to check and fix any that go back to wrong data.

We used them for this for one year for a client that had wrong data. We didn't renew it but Acxiom reverted to how it was before. If you don't plan on renewing, I would suggest you make sure to check and fix any that go back to wrong data.

Would you recommend just submitting manually to each of the 4 instead?

I think it depends on the client. I'd weigh the options and see which option is cheaper and least work for you.

Hi there, Jamie from BrightLocal here.

We recommend resubmitting annually to ensure the data held by aggregators and pushed to their network remains highly trusted, but you don't have to do this via BrightLocal. You could submit directly or through another submission service.

Thanks

Jamie

I didn't realize you could post directly to those aggregators. Any chance someone can post the submission URLs for them?

I didn't realize you could post directly to those aggregators. Any chance someone can post the submission URLs for them?

@wilhatfield -

Here are the links to claim/add/update Aggregator listings directly. (All but Factual)
Factual - Requires submission through Factual Trusted Data Contributor (TDC). https://www.factual.com/updatelisting/#update_add_business

Infogroup/Express Update: https://www.expressupdate.com/search

Neustar/Localeze : Neustar Localeze

FourSquare: Log in

Please note: While there is no cost for Infogroup, Factual, & Foursquare - Neustar charges a one-time fee of $79.00.

Alternatively, WhiteSpark offers a plan for $129.00 that covers all 4 Aggregators. Their process is manual. One and done. You can also sign up as an Agency and get a discount on all their plans.

For our clients it makes more sense to use WhiteSpark then to do the work in-house. We simply can't compete with the total cost for all 4 Aggregators versus the time and resources it would take to set up.

Something else to consider - Is this for a single location? If that is the case, you may just need to focus on Infogroup. Mike Blumenthal recently did a case study for a restaurant with only 1 location. That location however was previously maintained by several other owners. You can only imagine how messy their NAP was. If you have 20 minutes to spare I recommend listening to Mike address this in a podcast I tuned into last week:

If you chime in between 6:35 and 26:00 you will hear him address Aggregators & Citations in General, Local SEO with Mike Blumenthal

When Mike talks. I listen. I trust what he has to say. I have been following his advice for years and have not yet been disappointed. With that being said, moving forward our Agency will continue to use WhiteSpark Aggregator Service for clients who have Multi-Locations. For those with a single location we will set up in house rather - as it takes less than 15 minutes to claim/update Infogroup listings.

Here is another resource that I keep handy for instructions on how to Claim/Edit/Remove with support details : Citation Cheat Sheet | How to Add, Edit & Remove Citations | Pigzilla This has helped me on numerous occasions and I think you will find it useful.

Last edited:
@wilhatfield -

Here are the links to claim/add/update Aggregator listings directly. (All but Factual)
Factual - Requires submission through Factual Trusted Data Contributor (TDC). https://www.factual.com/updatelisting/#update_add_business

Infogroup/Express Update: https://www.expressupdate.com/search

Neustar/Localeze : Neustar Localeze

FourSquare: Log in

Please note: While there is no cost for Infogroup, Factual, & Foursquare - Neustar charges a one-time fee of $79.00.

Alternatively, WhiteSpark offers a plan for $129.00 that covers all 4 Aggregators. Their process is manual. One and done. You can also sign up as an Agency and get a discount on all their plans.

For our clients it makes more sense to use WhiteSpark then to do the work in-house. We simply can't compete with the total cost for all 4 Aggregators versus the time and resources it would take to set up.

FYI: BrightLocal submission to to the 4 data aggregators cost $60.00 per location.

FYI: BrightLocal submission to to the 4 data aggregators cost $60.00 per location.
Yes - but the $60 fee is an annual charge from BrightLocal versus $129 one-time through WhiteSpark. The biggest difference I have seen between BrightLocal and WhiteSpark is the human intervention for addressing duplicates and discovering other listings under previous company names, address(es), etc... Because this is addressed initially at set up, there should be no need for ongoing updates.

Hi Jen, I feel I must correct you here. Our $60 Data Aggregator service, that covers the Big 4 mentioned above, is in fact a 'one and done'. You are welcome to renew once a year is up, but if you don't, nothing will change in your listings. Also, we address duplicates and listing discovery during the setup process, so there's no need for ongoing updates with us, either.

Hi Jen, I feel I must correct you here. Our $60 Data Aggregator service, that covers the Big 4 mentioned above, is in fact a 'one and done'. You are welcome to renew once a year is up, but if you don't, nothing will change in your listings. Also, we address duplicates and listing discovery during the setup process, so there's no need for ongoing updates with us, either.
Hi Jamie, so what about the $79 Neustar fee mentioned above? Is that waived because BrightLocal is a trusted source? I have edited my information there before, but didn't claim my listing for the $79 fee. With BrightLocal is the the listing claimed? BTW, I'm in the process of adding more local seo services to my clients. I just started my 14 day trial of your dashboard. It's pretty cool!

Hi Tom, that's right. Our relationship with Neustar Localeze means we can charge $60 for the main four aggregators as a one-off fee. The listing is claimed, but once 12 months has passed the data loses its 'trusted' status with the aggregators, which is why we recommend renewing, but of course it's not mandatory.

Great to hear you're enjoying the trial! Let me know if you have any questions or comments while you use it.

Thanks

Jamie

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom