More threads by Colan Nielsen

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Happy Friday All,

I'm curious about what features of the new business description format you guys are using, taking advantage of, testing....etc

In particular, is anyone taking advantage of the ability to now include links in the description? If so, any positive impact? Negative impact?

What are you linking to? Service or product pages on the website?

Colin, I am testing it out something like the following.

Our additional services include:

• Baking Hamburgers
  • Eating Hamburgers
  • Baking Buns
  • Eating Buns

Then linking those to the service pages.

I then am also often putting something to the effect of:

Proudly serving the Tri Cities area for over 35 years. (then I'll link out from Tri Cities to something like a Chamber or Visitors Center).

Haven't noticed any difference to be honest. That said, it't usually next to impossible to know which of the 10-100 things that is going on with a listing at any given moment is what impacted it (which I'm sure you know).

I'll also use some bold in my listing.

So, while it may not exactly have a direct impact on rankings, it is easier to read, and the formatting looks much better.

What about you?

Thanks Tyson. Great ideas.

I honestly haven't done any testing on it yet.

I like the idea of linking to interior pages as long as it's relevant, and would create a good user experience. As an example, I'm thinking it would make sense for an SAB to maybe link to their well crafted service pages for each city they service.

Yeah, I think it's a good idea too. With what, 300+ ranking factors, its hard to say if a single word, or a link to a specific page will do much either way.

I don't have it all figured out by a long shot, but I think in our zeal, and eagerness to get good results, sometimes we can over complicate things, myself included. :) But hey, thats the fun part right? Analyzing the little things that may or may not make a difference?

I don't have it all figured out by a long shot, but I think in our zeal, and eagerness to get good results, sometimes we can over complicate things, myself included. :) But hey, thats the fun part right? Analyzing the little things that may or may not make a difference?

I couldn't agree more!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom