More threads by kathleen.rhodes

Reaction score
I have a client who has an in-home care agency for seniors, Interim HealthCare, who recently purchased a different company, WeCare, which is now re-branded to Interim HealthCare. All of the staff at WeCare are now with Interim HealthCare (except for the previous owner). The address and phone number that WeCare had have stayed the same with the new business name.

WeCare has been marked as 'Permanently closed'. It is located in a small senior-oriented community with few storefront businesses, so it's cause for confusion to have the address shown as closed.

What is the best approach to get it re-opened? Should I just click the "Report" button? Or should I edit the business name within GMB (I have owner access to it)? Or should I call Google?!?

I appreciate your suggestions.

If all things have stayed the same (staff, address, phone, services, etc), and it's simply a rebrand, I would mark it as open and change the name in the dash. I would also check to see if they already created a new listing. If so, get it merged with the "old" one.

If all things have stayed the same (staff, address, phone, services, etc), and it's simply a rebrand, I would mark it as open and change the name in the dash. I would also check to see if they already created a new listing. If so, get it merged with the "old" one.
Thanks - somehow, I hadn't seen the option to re-open it. Fortunately, they haven't created a second listing. :)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom